Oasis Healthcare Group Limited is Kenya’s first and largest countrywide, fully-integrated private healthcare system, registered In October 2015 and born out of the Oasis Group Practice model of health services provision to harmonize the various companies & facilities existing across the country under the Oasis umbrella.
We currently have facilities in the following counties: Kisii, Nyamira, Migori, Homa Bay, Siaya, Uasin-Gishu, Kitui, Nairobi, Kakamega and Bungoma.
We are seeking to recruit for the below positions.
Job Title: Laboratory Manager
Job Type: Full Time
General Description: The Laboratory Manager has the overall responsibility for the planning, coordination, evaluation, and supervision of all technical and/or operational activities to ensure everything is run with the highest level of integrity, safety and in an efficient manner.
Duties and Responsibilities shall include but not limited to:
- Plan, assign, and direct work in the laboratory; Serve as liaison with other areas as required.
- Oversee staffing of all personnel in the laboratory; effectively maintain quality staffing by participating in interviews, hiring, training and providing staff development through performance evaluation and corrective counseling.
- Mentor and support direct supervisees, i.e. QA Specialists and section heads in their responsibilities and functions, ensuring they receive training in supervisory skill development; Identify and implement training programs as necessary.
- Define, coordinate, and monitor quality assurance programs and supervise activities of the Quality Assurance Specialist; Ensure quality control and compliance procedures are followed and QC reports are up to date. Oversee plans and preparations for inspections.
- Review test performance, drive process and project management, and prepare and submit required reports to meet established deadlines.
- Identify future laboratory needs in terms of staff, equipment, reagents and submit appropriate documentation for procurement of such.
- Define, implement, and monitor the accepted standards of performance in quality control, quality assurance, and cost-effectiveness of the laboratory service as well as the actual delivery of those services.
- Relate and function effectively with applicable accreditation and regulatory agencies, the medical community, and the patient population served.
- Manage test database. Ensure departmental standard operating procedures and database accurately reflects the current processes.
- Develop the laboratory annual budget and manage departmental costs and resources to adhere to the budget.
- Resolve all departmental issues through proactive interactions with the laboratory stakeholders.
- A degree/ Higher diploma in Medical Laboratory Sciences.
- Generalist laboratory background with a minimum of 4 years’ experience.
- Registered by the KMLTTB
- Excellent problem-solving, training, team building, and mentoring abilities
- Proficiency in computer skills
How to Apply
Courier and hand delivered applications can be dropped at Oasis Healthcare Group Ltd Head Office at The Greenhouse Mall, 1st Floor, Suite 22 on the Eastern Wing, off Ngong Road, Nairobi.
Submit via mail to firstname.lastname@example.org;
Applications to reach us before close of business on 07/11/2020.
Remember to quote the job title either as Laboratory Manager on the email Subject.