Job Title: Senior Associate – Client Support and Training
About Ona: The world’s leading humanitarian; development and global health organizations rely on Ona to improve their impact and accountability.
Ona works with its partners to develop data solutions based on technologies Ona develops.
These include Ona Data (www.ona.io), a mobile data collection and visualization platform, Open SRP (www.smartregister.org), a mobile health platform Ona is developing with the World Health Organization, and customized dashboards.
Purpose: We are looking for a Senior associate – Client support and training, who has experience in providing user support to clients and working with data in some capacity, especially in monitoring and evaluation.
This person will also play an important role of working with clients to ensure a good user experience on the Ona products. This involves training new clients, troubleshooting with existing clients, and ensuring that all clients are maximizing the value received by using the Ona products.
This role will also be responsible for developing help documentation and blogs for platform features and Ona products.
The ideal candidate should be able to demonstrate an understanding of how field data is collected, cleaned, analyzed for monitoring and evaluation, and then visualized. Also, this person should have a strong understanding of technology and the ability to troubleshoot technical issues.
This candidate should be able to determine what issues a client is experiencing or what they are trying to achieve, work with other client services team members and technical team members to develop a solution, and honestly communicate the issue and solution to the client while instilling confidence in the team’s ability and knowledge.
We are looking for people who are passionate about the potential of technology to drive positive change.
We work globally on some of the world’s hardest problems partnering with organizations like WHO, UNICEF and PATH.
This role will report to the Senior Manager – Support, Evaluation and Monitoring.
Key roles and responsibilities
- Provide support for all incoming support requests for the Ona Data platform, RapidPro, and Canopy and client projects. This includes troubleshooting all system errors, answering general Ona Data platform, RapidPro, and Canopy questions, and answering questions and troubleshooting XLS Forms.
- Ensure that all support requests are answered in a timely and efficient manner while maintaining good client relationships. This includes following up with the technical team on technical issues and getting additional support to investigate and resolve support requests.
- Author XLS Forms for various client projects to simplify the data collection process and ensure data collected adheres to the client’s monitoring and evaluation needs.
- Develop and maintain support documentation on user guides, training, processes, and procedures for the Ona Data platform feature and custom solutions for client projects.
- Train clients/users on how to develop XLS Forms, how to use the Ona Data Platform, how to use RapidPro, Canopy Discover, and possibly other Ona products.
- Review/Analyze data and provide clients with recommendations around building XLS Forms and visualizing indicators based on the client’s need and monitoring and evaluation plans.
- Provide data management and processing for client projects:
- Filter and “clean” data and review reports, printouts, and performance indicators to locate errors.
- Understand data and analyze simple data
- With minimal supervision, take the lead role in tasks/projects assigned to you, ensuring task/project timelines are met, and ensuring clients are kept informed while doing necessary follow-up.
- Represent the company and through client and potential client interactions spread the word and support the sale of our products, services, and solutions.
- Have a strong attention to detail.
- A team lead who enjoys interacting with people of all levels in a multicultural environment.
- Above-average ability to communicate accurately, clearly, and effectively in written and spoken English.
- Self-starter and motivated to move ahead without direct instruction.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field, e.g. social science, computer science, IT, engineering, economics, statistics, mathematics, project management, customer relationship management, etc.
- At least 7 years of work experience, with at least 3 years providing client support in a technical environment.
Data and Statistics
- Experience collecting data and/or cleaning data and/or analyzing data.
- Experience with mobile device data collection platforms and data collection tools (i.e. ODK Collect, Enketo webforms, Commcare, Survey CTO, Kobotoolbox, Open Data Kit, EpiInfo, etc.).
- Knowledge and experience using statistical packages (i.e. R, SPSS, Stata) and/or advanced Excel functions.
- Experience in training adult learners.
- Experience training on mobile device data collection platforms is a plus.
- Motivated to assist clients to determine the best and proper solution to resolve their issue/s in a fast-paced environment in a timely and efficient manner.
- Motivated by client satisfaction, client retention and growing business from existing clients (upselling of services and offerings).
- Right to live and work in Kenya is preferred.
- Experience in monitoring and evaluation preferred.
- Ability to speak other international languages, especially French, is a strong plus.
- Familiarity with data management from form development to data collection to data cleaning, analysis and visualization.
- Strong analytical skills and understanding of quantitative and qualitative techniques.
- Strong interpersonal skills with proven ability to work with multidisciplinary teams.
- Interest and deep familiarity with ICT4D.
- Experience working with international companies (INGOs, Donor Agencies, Government Agencies).
How to Apply
Please send the following:
- Cover letter describing why you are interested in this position and working at Ona.
- Resume or CV.
CLICK HERE to apply online.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
Note we will only contact shortlisted candidates.