African Population and Health Research Center (APHRC)
Vacancy Announcement: Qualitative Field Interviewers for the Community of Practice Project
The African Population and Health Research Center (APHRC) is an African-led research institution committed to generating an Africa-owned body of evidence to inform decision making for an effective and sustainable response to the most critical challenges facing the continent.
APHRC is based in Nairobi (Kenya) with offices in Senegal and carries out its work in over 30 Sub-Saharan African Countries.
The Center’s vision is to transform lives in Africa through research, while its mission is to generate evidence, strengthen research capacity, and engage policy to inform action on population health and well-being.
The APHRC invites applications for Qualitatitative Field Interviewers in its Community of Practice (CoP) Project.
The overall purpose of this project is to co-design and test the feasibility of a system for supportive assessment and skills building of day-care center providers in urban informal settlements in Nairobi.
1. Moderate/ facilitate qualitative interviews with various stakeholders at County and Community level
2. Take notes and compile comprehensive qualitative interview debriefing notes
3. Hold debrief discussions and exploration of ideas between the interviewers and the investigators
4. Prepare data collection progress updates and reports
5. Any other related activities assigned by the supervisor and project manager
1. A bachelor’s degree, preferably in ECD or a closely related field
2. Fluency in English and Swahili, both oral and written
3. Proven experience in qualitative research work
4. Ability to facilitate interviews and group discussions
5. Experience in note taking during qualitative discussions
6. Strong interpersonal and communication skills
7. Excellent computer skills
8. Experience in conducting virtual / online interviews will be an added advantage
The candidates should be:
1. Familiar with Korogocho and Viwandani informal settlements
2. Be prepared to work full time on the project for the duration of the data collection
3. Flexible and available to work odd hours (when necessary) under minimum supervision
Interested candidates are invited to submit a cover letter that includes the details of where you come from together with a CV with contact details of three referees by 16th October 2020 to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please indicate on the subject line of the email ‘Qualitative Field Interviewer-CoP Project. ‘
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
PLEASE NOTE: APPLICANTS ARE NOT REQUIRED TO MAKE ANY PAYMENTS TO ANYONE DURING ANY STAGE OF THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS.
APHRC and Flexi Personnel are equal opportunity employers and are committed to the protection of persons at risk.