African Population and Health Research Center (APHRC)
Vacancy Announcement: Qualitative Field Interviewers for the COVID-19 Human Rights Project
The African Population and Health Research Center (APHRC) is an African-led research institution committed to generating an Africa-owned body of evidence to inform decision making for an effective and sustainable response to the most critical challenges facing the continent.
APHRC is based in Nairobi (Kenya) with offices in Senegal and carries out its work in over 30 Sub-Saharan African Countries.
The Center’s vision is to transform lives in Africa through research, while its mission is to generate evidence, strengthen research capacity, and engage policy to inform action on population health and well-being.
The APHRC invites applications for Qualitative Field Interviewers in its COVID-19 Human Rights Project.
The APHRC recently received funding to implement and evaluate a Horizon2020 Healthy Food Africa Project.
The project aims to make food systems in Africa more sustainable, equitable and resilient.
1. Take notes and compile comprehensive qualitative interview debriefing reports/notes
2. Moderate / facilitate qualitative interviews with community members in the study area
3. Prepare data collection progress report and updates
4. Other tasks assigned by the supervisor and project manager
1. A bachelor’s degree in public health or social science
2. Be fluent in English and Swahili, both oral and written
3. Be prepared to work full time on the project for the duration of the study (between November and December 2020)
4. Possess strong interpersonal, communication (written and oral) and facilitation skills
5. Have proven experience in qualitative research methods (conducting FGDs, IDIs and/or KIIs)
6. Be a current resident of or staying in areas with close proximity to project sites (Korogocho & Viwandani).
How to Apply
Interested candidates are invited to submit a cover letter that include your residential details together with a CV with contact details of three referees by 16th October 2020 to
Please indicate on the subject line of the email ‘Qualitative Field Interviewer – COVID-19 Human Rights Project.’
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
PLEASE NOTE: APPLICANTS ARE NOT REQUIRED TO MAKE ANY PAYMENTS TO ANYONE DURING ANY STAGE OF THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS.
APHRC and Flexi Personnel are equal opportunity employers and are committed to the protection of persons at risk.