Position: Quality Controller
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Our Client, a market leader in spring mattress manufacturing is urgently seeking to recruit top-performing, versatile and enthusiastic Quality Controller.
The Quality Controller will be responsible for checking the quality of incoming and outgoing materials/products, as well as the production procedures.
He/she will be instrumental in running tests, keeping a record of defects, analyzing products, and overseeing procedures by performing the following duties;
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Inspect, test, or measure materials or products being produced to conform to the set limits.
- Lead in sampling and analysis procedures for all incoming raw materials, in process production, packing materials as well as outgoing products quality levels.
- Ensure incoming foam mattresses, and the other raw materials quality parameters are within the set specifications.
- Monitor operations to ensure that they meet production standards from the supper to the customer.
- Recommend adjustments to the assembly or production process to ensure quality & process conformance.
- Come up with quality parameters and standard operating procedures for the Laboratory to run smooth.
- Collaborate with production team to ensure quality defects, reworks & rejects are eliminated compared to set standards and specifications.
- Ensure that the laboratory equipment/apparatus used at the Site are calibrated and maintained in accordance with the stipulated schedule.
- Report inspection and test data such as weights, density, temperatures, moisture content, and quantities inspected.
- Taking part in the daily 5S activities in the workplace for continual workplace improvement.
- Giving accurate, reliable, timely analytical reports on quality to the management.
- Any other lawful duties and responsibilities assigned by the management from time to time.
Key Competencies & Qualifications:
- BSc/Higher National Diploma in Analytical Chemistry or any other related field from a recognized institution
- Certificate in quality control/quality assurance will be an added advantage
- Must have at least 5 years’ verifiable work experience in a similar role
- In depth knowledge of quality control procedures and legal standards
- Attention to detail and result oriented
- Must possess demonstrated ability to work systematically and diligently
- Good communication skills (both oral and written)
- Must possess analytical and problem solving skills
- Team player
- Must possess high level of integrity
- Accountability – Accountable for measurable, high-quality, timely, and cost effective results.
- Initiative – Takes prompt action to accomplish tasks and meet goals and objectives.
How to Apply
If you’re up to the challenge, kindly send CV and cover letter only to firstname.lastname@example.org before close of business 15th October 2020.
Clearly indicate the position applied for and expected salary on the subject line.