Regent Management Limited
Job Advert: Property Officer – Grade A commercial building within Nairobi
Reporting to the Property Manager, the Property Officer will carry out the management of Grade A commercial buildings within Nairobi property in an effective, efficient and profitable way, to the highest professional standards.
- Rent, Service Charge, Parking, License Fees and VAT: Ensure the collection of due rent, service charge and any other payments as due under the leases and licenses in a timely and effective manner. Tasks include:
- Timely billing of rent, service charge, parking fees, license fees and VAT
- Ensuring that the tenant statements generated from the accounts department are correct and are delivered to the tenants in a timely manner.
- Subsequent monitoring and following up to ensure that the payments are made as due.
- Taking appropriate, timely and firm action in the event of default in payments, or risk thereof, by the tenants.
- Services: Ensuring the proper rendering of the services on the property. This entails;
- Ensuring competitive and cost effective service providers or staff are deployed for the services.
- Suitable service contracts or agreements are in place.
- The services are rendered in the best manner possible, through regular monitoring, inspection and liaison meetings and communications with the service providers.
- Invoices submitted for payment for the services are correct and consistent with the service contracts, and are then paid in a timely manner.
- Maintenance and Repairs: Ensure that the property structure, components, systems and equipment are kept in a good state of repair and redecoration.
- Utilities: Ensure that utilities on the property are;
- Available and sufficient.
- Being used properly and in an efficient manner.
- Consumption is being monitored, bills received and payments made in a timely manner.
- Utility accounts and their holding and transfer are handled and maintained correctly.
- Tenant sub-meters are well maintained, functional and recovery billings from tenants are done monthly in a timely manner.
- Statutory Payments: Ensure the land rates, ground rents and any other taxes and statutory payments are paid in the correct amounts, as due and in a timely manner.
- Insurance: Ensure that proper and adequate insurance cover for the property is in place and premiums due thereon is paid properly and in time.
- Property Staff: Directing and supervising the property staff mainly the caretaker and maintenance staff to ensure that they carry out their duties properly in line with their job descriptions and the management functions of the property.
- Landlord statements and remittances: Ensuring in liaison with the accounts departments that property statements are generated and submitted to the landlord on a monthly or quarterly basis as due and that the monthly remittances to the landlords are made correctly and on time. Also ensuring that other periodic statements and reports to the landlord are submitted as required.
- Landlords communication: Ensure that the landlord is constantly kept appraised and advised on the property in a proper and professional manner under the direction of the property manager, HOD or General Manager
- Lease and License Agreements: Ensuring in liaison with the Agency Department that proper lease and license agreements are in place, duly signed by the parties and that the terms thereof are adhered to. Also ensure renewals are done at least six months before lease expiry date.
- Tenancy Schedules: Ensure that proper, accurate and up to date Tenancy Schedule for the property is maintained.
- Tenants Communications: Ensure appropriate communication and liaison with tenants on matters related to their tenancies and the management of the subject property.
- Handovers and Handover Notes: Ensure that handovers by vacating tenants and handovers to incoming tenants are carried out properly and accurately filed in and that all matters relating thereto including closing and opening of utility accounts are attended to.
- Supervisory and managerial responsibilities: Proper management and supervision of Property staff, Service providers and suppliers including maintenance and repairs providers
Inspection and Reporting requirements: Property inspections should be carried out on a regular programmed basis and depending on any arising or current issues. Inspection reports should be done and follow ups on various actions done in a timely manner.
- Other responsibilities: Proper handling and accounting for office and property equipment, materials, supplies.
- Decisions to be made: Notifying the property manager, HOD or General Manager on all important aspects related to the proper execution of your duties and in particular any matters of an urgent legal nature.
Key Skills, Knowledge & Attributes:
- Degree in Land Economics, Real Estate or equivalent from a recognized university.
- Graduate member of the Institution of Surveyors of Kenya
- Minimum 1-2 years’ experience in commercial property management.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Applications including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
- Experience and proficiency in Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems is an added advantage.
- Strong analytical skills, Keen to details, good communication and interpersonal skills.
- A team player,
How to Apply
If you can clearly demonstrate the ability to meet the above criteria, please submit your application letter along with detailed CV & testimonials to reach by 20th October 2020.
Send documents to email@example.com.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted
Regent is an Equal Opportunity Employer!