Sustainable Community Opportunities for Restoration and Empowerment (SCORE)
In solidarity, serving with Integrity
Vacant Position: Data Assistant
Location: Siaya County
Project: USAID MWENDO OVC Project
Background: Sustainable Community Opportunities for Restoration and Empowerment (SCORE) Kenya is a Child-focused Non-Governmental Organization (NGO) whose goal is “To reduce the
impact of HIV and AIDS among communities of Lake and Nzoia Regions” as envisioned in SDGs especially SDG 1, 3 &16 through facilitating community led care for Orphans and other Vulnerable Children (OVC) and their households (HHs).
SCORE Kenya in Partnership with CRS, envision to implement a 5-year OVC project dubbed MWENDO, which seeks to empower local and County-level OVC stakeholders to strengthen
the formal and informal HIV and Child Protection Systems and Services and the linkages between them, including cross-sectoral service referrals and coordination to ensure quality
service delivery for OVC, Caregivers and their HHs.
SCORE is looking to recruit competent and self-driven Data Assistants for the aforementioned OVC Project in Siaya County.
Job Summary (about the role): Based at the SCORE’s Siaya Sub-Counties satellite offices in Alego Usonga, Gem, Ugunja and Ugenya and reporting to SCORE MWENDO project MEAL Officer, the Data Assistant is primarily responsible for data entry of F1A, F1B & HES data into CPIMS. The role also includes continuous data cleaning, verification, validation and updating of the CPMIS database.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure proper filling system is in place in accordance with MWENDO file management SOP
- Receive completed forms, verify and validate for completeness, accuracy and integrity
- Enter data from paper formats into computer files or database systems
- Type/key in data provided directly from project sites
- Update existing data whenever required
- Retrieve data from the database or electronic files as requested
- Perform regular backups to ensure data preservation
- Sort and organize paperwork after entering data to ensure it is not lost
- Verifying and keying in data in CPIMS/OLMIS
- Help in retrieval and storage of OVC files accordingly and whenever required during DQAs and SIMS exercise
- Provide data for and participate in monthly data review meetings at LIP level
- Perform regular data cleaning to ensure quality OVC data in CPMIS
Qualification and Experience:
- At least Diploma in any related field. A Degree will be an added advantage.
- Proven experience as data entry clerk or equivalent for at least 2 years
- Familiarity and experience with CPIMS/OLMIS in OVC programming
- Data entry & data cleaning experience in USAID OVC project would be an added advantage
- Experience in training CHVs in OVC data collection tools is a plus
- Fast typing skills; Knowledge of touch typing system is strongly preferred
- Excellent knowledge of word processing tools and spreadsheets (MS Office Word, Excel, etc.)
- Working knowledge of office equipment and computer hardware and peripheral devices
- Basic understanding of databases
- Experience working with the rural community A MUST
- Knowledge and experience of Siaya County will be an added advantage
How to Apply
To apply, please send your CV, relevant testimonials and salary expectations to
The Programs Director,
P.O. Box 33- 40600
by close of Business Friday, October 30, 2020
through the email address firstname.lastname@example.org
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.