Kenya Ferry Services Limited
Career Opportunities in Marine Transport Industry
Company Profile: Kenya Ferry Services is a State Corporation, established under the Companies Act (CAP 486) of the Laws of Kenya and operating under the Ministry of Transport, Infrastructure, Housing, Urban Development and Public Works, mandated with the operation of ferries in the Country.
The Company’s headquarters are set along the expansive shores of the beautiful and splendid Indian Ocean overlooking the magnificent view of the channel at Peleleza, Likoni, Mombasa.
To strengthen its workforce, KFSL is seeking to recruit dynamic, highly driven and result oriented individuals for the following positions:
Security Assistant 1
Grade FU 1
Post Ref: 8000-03/2020
Job Summary: The Security Assistant I will be reporting to the Security Officer and will be responsible for overseeing efficiency of day to day security activities within the Kenya ferry area as a whole.
- Spearhead security operations within the area of operation sanctioned by the senior security officer in consultation with the National Police service officer
- Continuously gather information and intelligence with security bearing and share the same with the security office.
- Carry out investigations of security incidences within the institution and present findings to the relevant office for action
- Conduct regular briefing sessions to outsourced security personnel on processes, procedures and other pertinent issues for purposes of improving service delivery
- Ensure proper utilisation of security infrastructure including security equipment and conducting regular checks to ensure equipment and other infrastructure is in good working condition and appropriate report to relevant office for intervention in case of problems
- Conduct spot checks on deployment of outsourced security personnel for compliance with contract agreement, make reports out of the findings and forward the same to relevant office
- Check and confirm records kept by security guards to ensure they are kept according to the required standards and make report on the same;
- Check daily attendance and deployment schedule of security guards and any other security personnel and filing of records as required
- Inform and advice security officer on any security related matter that may be of importance to the company;
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Kenya Secondary Certificate of Education;
- Higher Diploma in Security Management;
- Must have actively served with the National Police Service, KDF or NYS as an Non Commissioned Officer;
- Standard Training for Certification and Watch keeping (STCW);
- At least 3 years working experience as an NCO; and
- Must be Computer Literate
Kenya Ferry Services is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and gender equity within the organization.
Applicants comprising persons living with disabilities (PWDs), those from marginalized areas, youth and women are encouraged to apply.
Terms of Service and Remuneration: All the above positions are challenging and offer attractive and competitive remuneration packages which include basic salary, house allowance, medical cover, leave travel allowance and other benefits in accordance with the Kenya Government Public Service guidelines.
Shortlisted candidates will be required to satisfy the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya, 2010 and should submit among other documents;
- Certificate of good conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations;
- Clearance certificate from Higher Education Loans Board;
- Tax compliance certificate from Kenya Revenue Authority;
- Clearance from the Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission; and
- Report from an approved Credit Reference Bureau.
If you believe your career objectives match the above roles, please submit your application, on or before 2nd November, 2020 on our recruitment portal recruitment.kenyaferry.co.ke
Only applications made on the recruitment portal will be accepted.
Applications without relevant qualifications, copies of documentation/ details as sought for will not be considered.
Any form of Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.
“Kenya Ferry Services Limited is an Equal Opportunity Employer.”
“Experience the Blue Economy with the Best Ferry Service.”