Kenya Ferry Services Limited
Career Opportunities in Marine Transport Industry
Company Profile: Kenya Ferry Services is a State Corporation, established under the Companies Act (CAP 486) of the Laws of Kenya and operating under the Ministry of Transport, Infrastructure, Housing, Urban Development and Public Works, mandated with the operation of ferries in the Country.
The Company’s headquarters are set along the expansive shores of the beautiful and splendid Indian Ocean overlooking the magnificent view of the channel at Peleleza, Likoni, Mombasa.
To strengthen its workforce, KFSL is seeking to recruit dynamic, highly driven and result oriented individuals for the following positions:
Senior Ramp Controller
Grade FU 1
Job Summary: Reporting to the Assistant Operations Officer, the Senior Ramp Controller will be responsible for ensuring safe loading of both vehicles and human traffic on a waiting ferry in regard to the segregation procedures.
- Arrange vehicles and other automobiles on the ramp motor lanes in their categories, before boarding a ferry;
- Direct and guide embarking vehicles, motor cycle, bikes, handcarts, and pedestrians to a waiting ferry, observing segregation procedure;
- Coordinate with the coxswain on the timely movement of the operating ferries guiding on safe landing of ferries
- Oversee both safety and security at the ramp approaches and attending to any incident; and
- Orient and train new recruits.
- instructs security assistants when to open and close pedestrian gates during loading of ferry
- Liaise with security guards on crowd control at the ramps
Required qualifications and experience
- Minimum of KCSE or its equivalent from a recognized institution;
- Standard Training for Certification and Watch keeping (STCW);
- Certificate of Seamanship;
- 3 years working experience in marine transport industry;
Kenya Ferry Services is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and gender equity within the organization.
Applicants comprising persons living with disabilities (PWDs), those from marginalized areas, youth and women are encouraged to apply.
Terms of Service and Remuneration: All the above positions are challenging and offer attractive and competitive remuneration packages which include basic salary, house allowance, medical cover, leave travel allowance and other benefits in accordance with the Kenya Government Public Service guidelines.
Shortlisted candidates will be required to satisfy the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya, 2010 and should submit among other documents;
- Certificate of good conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations;
- Clearance certificate from Higher Education Loans Board;
- Tax compliance certificate from Kenya Revenue Authority;
- Clearance from the Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission; and
- Report from an approved Credit Reference Bureau.
If you believe your career objectives match the above roles, please submit your application, on or before 2nd November, 2020 on our recruitment portal recruitment.kenyaferry.co.ke
Only applications made on the recruitment portal will be accepted.
Applications without relevant qualifications, copies of documentation/ details as sought for will not be considered. Any form of Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.
“Kenya Ferry Services Limited is an Equal Opportunity Employer.”
“Experience the Blue Economy with the Best Ferry Service.”