Job Vacancy: M&V Consultant (Team Member) MSP
Company Profile: SoCha (a word created by combining the terms Social and Change) is an independent Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (ME&L) firm that provides bespoke solutions to social challenges.
We are a veteran-owned small business, registered in the United States, and headquartered in Mauritius, which is an IT hub for Southern Hemisphere international organizations.
SoCha is structured to be nimble and flexible, where we can rapidly respond to evaluative and analytical requests globally and have a well-established network across Africa and Asia.
Since our inception in 2010, we have grown from a consortium of globally recognized experts who specialize in evaluating the effectiveness of development assistance, to a full-fledged ME&L services firm that specializes in advancing innovative methodologies and changing the way donors find solutions to social problems.
Background: To support USAID/Kenya East Africa (KEA) to align programming toward promoting self-reliance outcomes, SoCha LLC has recently been awarded and will implement a two-year (optional three-year) mission support program to enable USAID to pivot into this journey to self-reliance (J2SR).
To support this journey, the J2SR program will support USAID/KEA to understand context, align programs, collect data, understand complexity, and apply learning to program adaptation.
Scope of Work: The MSP program, implemented by SoCha LLC, seeks a consultant to serve as consultant / team member to participate in remote and in-person site visits of USAID activities being implemented by its partners in specific counties in Kenya.
The consultant / team member will be contracted by SoCha and will report directly to one of the M&V Coordinators and/or a specific Activity Manager.
Roles and Responsibilities
The consultant or team member will support the team leader in undertaking the following tasks:
- Undertake a desk review of implementing partner’s reports.
- Support planning and coordination of site visits process (both remote and in-person)
- Support methodology development, inclusive of data collection tools.
- Undertake qualitative and quantitative data collection.
- Support qualitative and quantitative data analysis and high-level report writing.
- Co-facilitate briefing/meetings with USAID and partner staff on findings.
- Support the development of digital and GIS data collection methods and tools. (i.e. KoBo, ODK, ArcGIS (Survey 123) and DHIS2).
- Participate in regular check-in calls with USAID staff, as required.
The following deliverables will be required:
- Scopes of work (SOW), inclusive of proposed methodology and data collection tools
- Desk and document review of available materials
- Qualitative, quantitative and observation data collection
- High-quality reports inclusive of sound and robust data collection
- Presentation of findings to USAID and other invested stakeholders
Minimum qualifications and experience
- Minimum of post-graduate qualifications in social sciences, monitoring, verification and evaluation, statistics, economics, or any other relevant fields.
- Over three years of experience in undertaking qualitative and quantitative research and evaluation.
- More than two years of experience working on USAID projects preferred.
- Experience in writing high quality reports.
- Experience in dissemination to high level stakeholders.
- Strong communication skills, excellent client relations.
- Prior experience as a Third-Party Monitor will be an added advantage
Location: Nairobi, Kenya, with the ability to travel throughout Kenya as needed
LOE or Contract Length: The review of applications will be done on a rolling basis and successful candidates will be considered for new or ongoing site visits and monitoring activities.
How to Apply:
To lodge an application, please lodge CV via the following link: https://jobs.socha.net/msp_mv-consultant-team-member/
For any inquiries please contact email@example.com