Ubuntu Children Wellness Center specializes in special needs education, occupational therapy, pediatric health / nutrition.
We have an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic Special Education Teacher to join our dynamic team.
This position is well suited to an individual that is looking to advance their career in special needs education and gain hands-on experience in a thriving and supportive workplace.
Your key responsibilities will be;
- Assess students’ abilities and craft teaching plans
- Adapt learning materials to students’ needs
- Keep track of and reflect on students’ progress
- Monitor children’s behavioral patterns and arrange appropriate interventions if needed
- Help and inspire children to achieve important learning milestones.
- Find engaging activities to teach skills (e.g. arts)
- Manage classroom crises and resolve conflict
- Prepare students for transition to the next level
- Inform parents about their children’s performance and potential problems
- Coach/mentor other professionals who work with children with special needs
- Collaborate with the support staff (e.g. social office, therapists, health workers and the management) to create holistic intervention plans
- A diploma in Special Needs and Inclusive Education.
- Experience working with children with a wide range of disabilities for a minimum period of 2 years.
- Ability to create IEPs
- A patient, resourceful, and resilient personality
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
How to Apply
Interested candidates to send their applications to email@example.com by the 2nd November 2020.
All the best.