Starlingbrook International School
Job Vacancy: Head Teacher
Location: Kitengela, Kenya
Answers to: Company Directors
Remuneration: 100,000 KSH Gross Negotiable
About the School: Starlingbrook International School is a secondary school in Kitengela delivering the GCSE curriculum. The school launches in January with a 2021 perspective on the world and a fit-for-purpose 21st century education.
We live in a world that is changing more rapidly than we could imagine. Young people today need and yearn for an education that provides them with the skills to thrive in this environment. This means learning must go beyond knowledge.
To stay ahead in the 21st century future generations will need to continue learning throughout their life, so at secondary school it is vital they establish strong foundations that can be built on and enable them to excel in multidisciplinary careers.
We are launching Starlingbrook International School to prepare students to add value to the world of tomorrow through a culture of innovation, adaptability and resilience. We aspire to strengthen our students’ interpersonal skills, sense of service and thirst for knowledge.
This is where you come in:
We are looking for a Head Teacher to refine this vision and make it to reality. Today there is no clearly defined path as to how to educate the whole child for a 21st Century world though successful approaches are being tried and tested in many good schools around the world.
We want a Head Teacher who will use their experience, insights and technical knowledge to deliver an international curriculum and adapt best practices to the needs and opportunities faced by young people in Kenya and beyond.
Duties of the Head Teacher
- To oversee the well-being and safety of all learners and employees on site
- To build a team of excellent teachers and other staff who can deliver on our goals of academic excellence
- To design a curriculum and timetable best designed for learning that best leverages the assets of the GCSE curriculum
- To initiate a programme of extra-curricular activities that will provide a holistic education to our students
- To inculcate an inclusive learning environment and foster strong relations with the local community
- To supervise the bursar and oversee the business aspects of running a school
- To initiate a growth strategy to widen the impact of the school over time
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field.
- Excellent communication skills in English (written & oral)
- Pre-existing permission to work in Kenya
- Experience of not less than five years in a relevant field
- Experience in senior management teams or education management
- Experience in delivering international curricula
- Ability to work sensitively with diverse communities
- Excellent financial management and budgeting skills
- Excellent organisational skills and in compiling strategies, work plans and reports
Desirables (though not essential)
- Master’s degree in a relevant discipline
- Experience working with vulnerable people
- Experience in school governance
- Experience teaching in a GCSE curriculum school
- Good experience in Kenyan education systems (experience in Kitengela would be a bonus but not essential by any means).
- Experience in managing people from various backgrounds
How to Apply
To apply please CLICK HERE to fill in the online questions and send your CV to email@example.com.
Please note that we will only read the CVs of shortlisted candidates so do not assume we have read your CV when answering the questions.