Tata Africa Holdings (Kenya) Ltd is one of the leading distributors of Tata Commercial Vehicles amongst other products.
We invite qualified individuals to submit applications for the following vacant position.
Reference Number: OC/2020/010 – Auto Mech.
Department: Aftersales – Workshop
Location: One In Eldoret & One In Nakuru
Overall Job Purpose: The Job holder shall be responsible for Pre and Post: 1) Test drive (Allowed person) to identify the complaint, 2) Prepare accurate estimate for the job allocation 3) Complete inspection for extra opportunity for business and reduce repeat jobs.
Reports To: Workshop Supervisor / Workshop Manager.
- Receive Job Card from the Workshop Supervisor and work on allocated tasks.
- Check and compare the Job Card details that have been recorded.
- Work on allocated tasks in the Job Card.
- Record start and end time on each assignment.
- Report any observations (problems) not included in the Job Card.
- Return all parts removed from the vehicles.
- Inform Workshop Supervisor on completion of assigned tasks in the Job Card and handover Vehicle key.
- Report any reasons for delay of assigned tasks
- Ensure that you keep the allocated working bay clean at all times.
- Keep all vehicles that may have delays in repairs off the Working Bay.
- Keep good custody of all assigned tools.
- Ensure safety precautions at the workshop at all times.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience
- 3 years’ hands on experience in a commercial Auto Workshop.
- National Diploma in Automotive/ Mechanical engineering or related field.
Attributes and Skills:
- Excellent experience in automobile especially in the commercial vehicles segment, extensive knowledge of motor mechanics.
- Team player, result oriented and should hold a valid driving permit.
- Should be of high integrity and professional.
- An in-depth knowledge of Tata spares.
- Strategic appreciation of the distribution business.
- Excellent communications and time management skills.
- Ability to work logically and systematically.
- Strong computer skills.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and organizational skills
How to Apply:
Please send an updated and detailed CV including a cover letter to info.Kenya@tatainternational.com
Closing date for receiving applications is 25/10/2020.