Tata Africa Holdings (Kenya) Ltd
Position: Sales Manager
Reference Number: OC/2020/010
Overall Job Purpose: The job holder focuses on the selling of vehicles to customers. He works with customers to find what they want, create solutions and ensure a smooth sales process.
He/She will work to find new sales leads through business directories, client referrals, road shows, demonstration sessions, etc.
He/She should have an advanced knowledge of sales techniques and market trends to be a trusted advisor to their customer base.
The job holder will also manage a sales team.
Reports To: head – Sales & Marketing.
- Services existing accounts, obtains orders, and establishes new accounts by planning and organizing daily work schedules to call on existing or potential sales outlets and other trade factors.
- Adjusts content of sales presentations by studying the product specifications and applications according to customer requirements.
- Focuses sales efforts by studying existing and potential volume of dealers.
- Submits orders by referring to price lists and product literature.
- Keeps management informed by submitting activity and results reports, such as daily call reports, weekly work plans, and monthly and annual territory analyses.
- Monitors competition by gathering current marketplace information on pricing, products, new products, delivery schedules, merchandising techniques, etc.
- Recommends changes in products, service, and policy by evaluating results and competitive developments.
- Resolves customer complaints by investigating problems; developing solutions; preparing reports; making recommendations to management.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; and participating in professional societies.
- Provides historical records by maintaining records on area and customer sales.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Be a trusted advisor to the customer base built up over years.
- Manage a sales team.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience
- 5 + years’ relevant experience in Sales and Marketing
- Degree in Sales and Marketing
- Customer Care Skills
- Proven track record in marketing and sales
- Qualification in marketing/sales.
- Proven experience in sales.
- Excellent knowledge of products and relevant industry.
- Very good communication skills.
- A problem-solving ability
The role will also include travelling approximately up to 25% of the time with some overnight travel likely
How to Apply:
Please send an updated and detailed CV including a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for receiving applications is 5th November 2020.