Job Vacancy: Tax Manager / Tax Senior, Kisumu
Employment Type: Full Time
The Company: We are a fast growing, high quality, professional audit, tax & advisory firm, located in Nairobi and Kisumu, Kenya. In line with our rapid expansion, we are looking for candidates who are committed and responsible to join us in our audit team. We are meritocratic firm, committed to train our staff and encourage sharing of knowledge among Staff & Partners.
Job Description: The role reports to the Partners/Directors on various assignments at any one time. The applicant should be ready to lead assignments. The role will provide excellent career progression for the right person.
- Perform detailed computations to calculate tax liability and advising clients on how to manage compliance
- Responsible for preparing and submitting compliance (tax) returns by the deadline
- Responsible for researching, analysing and interpreting changing tax legislation in Kenya
- Meeting with clients and collating information, and responding to client inquiries
- Working with tax law and revenue positions
- Resolving matters with Kenya Revenue Authority
- Representing clients in tax audits, compliance checks and investigations
- Creating tax strategies for clients and planning their financial futures
- Offers technical guidance on indirect taxation issues such as VAT, Customs tax
- Compile and submit regular reports and presentations for clients
- Assisting and supporting tax consultants and professionals in handling taxation matters
- Assisting the audit team with tax computations and review of tax section of audit work
- Performing other tasks as required
- Qualified accountant (ACCA, CPA, ACA) with at least 6 years tax experience with a reputable audit or tax consulting firm
- Must also have an undergraduate degree or higher
- Relationship with the revenue authority (tax)
- Strong leadership and business development skills and integrity within a professional environment
- Technically good knowledge of modern auditing methodologies, ISAs and IFRSs
- Good working knowledge of Kenyan tax laws
- Excellent supervision, communication and ICT skills (especially knowledge of VT, Quickbooks)
- An additional qualification in ICT will be advantageous
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English
- Team player, with the ability to multi-task, be flexible and work under pressure
- Socially confident with good diplomacy and organisation skills
- Self starter with good analytical skills and a proactive approach to problem solving
- Dedicated and hard-working
How to Apply
Send your application to: email@example.com by Sunday 15th November 2020. Interviews on a first come first serve.
Your application should include a cover letter indicating your desire to work with us, a detailed CV highlighting relevant experience, details of current and expected salary, a daytime phone contact, email address, and the names of three professional referees.
Applications that do not contain current salary will not be considered.