Terre des hommes Foundation (Tdh) -Kenya
Job Advert: Cash Based Interventions Officer
Reports to: Case Management Senior Officer
Number of subordinate employees: 0
Activity rate %: 100
Context: Tdh has been working in Dadaab within the socio-ecology model of child protection system with a strong emphasis on children safety and well-being.
Case management remains a central intervention to ensure children exposed to at-risk environments are identified/protected, and those who experience abuse, neglect, exploitation and violence receive immediate life-saving services in line with their needs.
Tailor-made mental health and psychosocialservices are provided to individual/group of boys and girls together with their parents in a safe place. Outreach services aiming at community-led advocacy and empowerment increased information and knowledge on child protection issues. Revitalizing community intergenerational dialogues promoted open engagement on delicate social issues and possible reversal of some retrogressive practices.
General description of the position: Reporting to the Case Management/BID Senior Officer, The CBI officer will primarily be contributing into the planning, design, implementation, coordination, monitoring and evaluation of Tdh’s Cash Based Interventions.
The CBI Officer will be responsible for ensuring all CBIs are implemented in line with Tdh organizational guidelines, Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and are in line with best practice.
The CBI Officer will ensure that cash and vouchers are routinely considered as a protection response option in the Tdh Dadaab operation, assesses the suitability of CBIs, and monitors their implementation and impact.
With support from the Project Managers , Meal Manager and Case Management/BID Senior Officer the CBI Officer will deliver evidenced based programming that is informed by protection needs and markets assessments, programme data and reports and different Monitoring Evaluation, Accountability and Learning (MEAL) tools, processes and mechanisms.
The CBI Officer will be responsible for the following tasks:
- Support the development, strengthening and review of cash-based approaches, and Standard operating procedures (SOPs) based on existing guidance and standards for the Dadaab Operation to efficiently meet programme objectives.
- Coordinate, facilitate and implement assessments/response analysis, planning, budgeting, coordination, implementation of CBIs.
- Support the establishment of a sound monitoring process for cash and voucher assistance, with proper collection, use and monitoring of baselines, standards and indicators needed to measure and analyse CBIs performance.
- Support the effective and coordinated procurement and contracting of Vendors/Traders and Financial Service Providers by procurement and finance team.
- Establish and monitor the performance of the selected vendors of the CBI;
- Arrange for receipts and payment lists of cash from traders/vendors for internal approvals
- Ensure that the selection and verification of beneficiaries is made in a transparent manner and according to the strict adherence to CBI SOPs;
- Assist the Project managers to ensure that child protection and safeguarding are integrated into programme design and implementation. Have a commitment to beneficiary accountability & humanitarian principles and Tdh’s Code of Conduct and Child Protection Policy
- Perform other related duties as required
- Promote, and ensure project activities are on line with, child protection principles
- Ensure the project activities are integrated in the Kenyan child protection system and humanitarian coordination practices and guidelines
Coordination and Representation
- Work in close collaboration with Tdh partners and other key actors
- Coordinates with other Tdh sectors to ensure implementation of standardized activities and with other departments (program and support) of Tdh in Kenya as necessary
- Represent Tdh in the relevant Cash Working Groups and other relevant forum and discussions to facilitate learning, information sharing, alignment to national standards and approaches
- Agree to comply with Tdh Code of Conduct and ensures Child Safeguarding standards are upheld.
- Adhere to and ensure the team under her/his responsibility follows Tdh administrative and logistical regulations and procedures.
Minimum Qualifications and Professional Expérience
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in: Economics; Social Science; Business Administration or other relevant field.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in cash-based assistance programmes
- Proven knowledge and technical skills in set up, design, implementation and monitoring of CBIs
- Knowledge of child protection programming
Languages: • Fluent in English and Kiswahili. Ability to speak the local language will also be an added advantage
Interested candidates who meet the criteria above are encouraged to send their applications letter and detailed CVs to KEN.email@example.com.
Candidates are required to indicate the position title on the subject line of the email when applying.
Kindly note only applications sent to this email address will be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Locals and female candidates are encouraged to apply.
Closing date for the application of this position is 10 November 2020.
Tdh’s recruitment and selection procedures reflect our commitment to protect children’s rights, which includes the prevention of all forms of child abuse.
Tdh is an equal opportunity employer