Job Title: Mpesa Business Intelligence Product Owner
Reports to: Principal Manager, Business Analysis
Role purpose: We are pleased to announce the vacancy for Product Owner Business Intelligence a key role within the M-Pesa Core Services Product Management team, owning the product backlog for the Business Intelligence, Big Data and AI development squads working to a scaled agile framework (SAFe) model, performing all aspects of the Product Owner role in the context of a SAFe team.
The role requires close liaison with the work-stream Product Manager to define features and associated user stories, and to prioritise the team backlog and activities in line with business objectives and value creation. In keeping with our current business needs, we are looking for a person who meets the criteria indicated below:
As a Product Owner your main responsibilities will include:
- Owns the team backlog – maintaining and prioritising in line with Product Management direction and earliest delivery of value to our customers
- Takes content authority for the team backlog, ensures that quality of team’s documented user story and acceptance criteria follows agreed standards
- Represents the end user and works with SME’s to understand requirements, supporting the definition of features and co-creating user stories and other required artefacts
- Works closely with the Product Management team to ensure features are well documented, and that business priority is understood and aligned with team activities
- Actively participates in team and program ceremonies, backlog refinement sessions, iteration planning activities
- Leads the systems demo after each iteration
- Perform preparation activities for program increment planning, helps drive PI objectives at team level
- Provides continuous feedback on development, and provides story acceptance in accordance with agreed acceptance criteria and ‘definition of done’
- Understand the core technology platform capability and collaborate with developers in the best way to meet product objectives, acts as the customer for developer questions
- Works with System Architect to prioritise enablers
As a Product Owner your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
- Strong understanding of / experience with business intelligence, big data, data lake, reporting and AI concepts and technologies.
- Experience of software development lifecycle in complex, data driven initiatives is essential, especially within agile methodologies (e.g Scrum, SAFe)
- Experienced in leading agile feature teams to deliver both new and continuous improvements to customers
- Experienced in the use of modelling tools (JIRA, Confluence).
- Strong data analytical skills, able to identify solutions to complex problems.
- Business and customer focus, and an appreciation of customer led design and user experience techniques
- Ability to work proactively within a demanding environment, being a key contributor to a fast-moving product development process
- Able to communicate and influence with tact and diplomacy.
- Able to understand and explain complex technical concepts to business stakeholders
- Demonstrable numerical, analytical and verbal skills, in particular well-developed written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Experience working within a multi-national team and serving customers from multiple countries would be of benefit.
- Ideally educated to degree level, or equivalent
How to Apply
If you feel that you are up to the challenge and possess the necessary qualification and experience, please send your resume with your cell phone contact indicating your experience and why you are the most suitable candidate for the role, clearly quoting the job title and job reference to the address below by 6th October 2020.