Job Title: Process & Quality Engineer
Section / Unit: N/A
Reports to: General Manager
Work Station: Head Office
Direct Reports: PDI Coordinator, Quality Inspector
Indirect Reports: N/A
Job Purpose: This position is responsible for the provision of technical support to assembly plants and quality management of new vehicle processes
Main Responsibilities of the Job
- Supervise and monitor quality of all vehicles before delivery to the customer to enhance customer satisfaction
- KD project preparation support from process and equipment planning, design, fabrication to installation and trial production of Vehicles
- Inspect and check quality of buses and trucks during and after fabrication in accordance to manufacturer, NTSA and KEBS guidelines
- Supervise body building to ensure the shortest lead times are taken in order to improve customer satisfaction on service delivery.
- Carry out a monthly evaluation and grading of existing body builders to keep them on check.
- Approve payments for body builders after delivery of units to TKEN, to ensure payments are only done for quality services delivered
- Develop weekly status reports for various units at body building to assist manage the delivery times as well as performance.
- Resolve customer complaints on body related issues to enhance customer satisfaction and retention.
- Support manufacturing capability improvement at the assembly plants.
- Collaborate with Sales & Marketing group to ensure on-going production schedules meet short-term vehicle orders and longer-term customer demand requirements.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
Minimum level of academic and professional qualification required to perform effectively in the role
- A minimum of Degree in Automobile, Mechanical Engineering or related field from a recognized institution.
- Auto CAD certification
Minimum level of experience required to perform effectively in the role
- 6 years of relevant experience from a recognized organization.
- General Manager
- Sales Managers
- Aftersales Managers
- Sales Team
- Aftersales Team
- Finance department
- Human Resource Department
- Logistics Team
- Body Builders
- NTSA inspectorate
- Service providers (Airband, K & N, G4S and Infama)
- Special Product developers (Pipeman)
- Computer Literacy
- Automotive Technical knowledge
- Toyota facility guidelines & management
- Knowledge on the current telematics as provided in the market
- Report writing skills
- Presentation skills
- Communication skills
- Innovation – Ability to come up with new and better ways of working to improve efficiency and effectiveness
- Time management – Ability to use time effectively and efficiently
- Interpersonal skills – Ability to build rapport and constructive and effective relationships with colleagues and customers
- Customer focus – Establishes and maintains effective relationship with both internal and external customers, to gain their trust and respect
- Ethics and values – Adheres to an appropriate and effective set of core values and beliefs, and in alignment with the TKEN values
- Integrity and trust – Trusted individuals who can present the unvarnished truth in an appropriate and helpful manner, keeps confidence, admits mistakes, doesn’t misrepresent themselves for personal gain
If you meet the requirements, kindly forward your application enclosing a detailed word version of your curriculum vitae together with a cover letter by 25th October 2020 to email@example.com
Please indicate Process & Quality Engineer as the header of your email.
We are an equal opportunity employer.