Vacancy Re-advertisement: Truck Drivers
West Kenya Sugar Company the leading Sugar Company based in Western Kenya wishes to recruit 30 competent and highly skilled truck drivers for its operations.
This role ensures that Required Cane is delivered within the timeframe, safely and within the budget from outer stations to the factory.
Key Roles and Responsibilities for the Position
- Being the custodian of the company truck of which authority to drive has been appropriately delegated.
- To ensure that the truck is properly checked and that is mechanically sound at all times especially before it is engaged for any journey.
- Inspect vehicles for mechanical items and safety issues and perform preventative maintenance
- Keep the truck neat and clean at all times.
- Cane haulage from all regions as assigned by the supervisor.
- Ensure that the truck is properly weighed empty when being dispatched and when loaded taking into consideration weight limits on axles.
- Drives competently within the recommended speeds, respecting other road users.
- Reporting to the supervisor in charge of trucks whenever the truck is due for service so that the appropriate measures or arrangements are made before expiry of the recommended mileage.
- Report defects, accidents or violations
- Comply with truck driving rules and regulations (size, weight, route designations, parking and break periods) as well as with company policies and procedures.
- Minimum of Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (KCSE) or its equivalent
- Valid Driving License class E (previously I-ART)
- At least 5 years’ experience in driving semi-trailers/low-loaders.
- At least 30 years of age.
- Defensive driving certificate
- Good knowledge of traffic rules.
- Basic Mechanical Skills
How to Apply
Qualified and interested candidates are encouraged to apply by sending their CVs and Cover Letters to:
HR & Administration Manager
West Kenya Sugar Company Limited
P.O Box 2101-50100
OR email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Preference will be given to applications received by October 24, 2020.