Umma University is a Private Chartered University, located in a serene environment in Kajiado.
The University invites suitably qualified, highly competent and self-driven candidates to fill the position of Human Resource Manager.
- Must have a Master’s degree in Human Resources Management.
- Must be a Certified Human Resource Professional (CHRP)
- Must have at least 6 years’ experience in a Human Resource office.
- Should demonstrate skills in interpersonal communication, decision-making, organization, leadership, and speaking.
- Should possess the ability to use human resource management.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Provision of leadership for Human Resources Strategic Planning by collecting, analyzing and identifying current and future Human Resources needs within the University.
- Implement all Human Resources policies, programmes, and practices to keep management informed of new developments.
- Oversee compliance with regulatory concerns.
- Plan, organize and direct employee performance by checking, verifying and monitoring achievement according to performance targets and goals and control deviations from the set plan.
- Assist in recruitment and selection the right candidates.
- Issue job descriptions, required qualifications, skills, work experience required for specific job positions, duties and responsibilities.
- Assess and determine employee training needs skills and knowledge to enable them perform their job effectively.
- Ensure timely preparation of the payroll.
- Ensure employees get services, benefits and provide facilities to enhance employee well- being.
- Document and maintain employee records and information including employment history, work hours etc.
- Participates in executive, management, and company staff meetings.
- Develop and administer programmes, procedures, and guidelines to help align the workforce with the University strategic direction.
- Prepare periodic reports for management, as necessary or requested, to track strategic goal.
How to Apply:
Interested applicants are advised to send copies of their academic and professional certificates, certificate of good conduct and addresses of three (3) referees who are conversant with the applicant competence in the area of specialization.
Applications, clearly marked “Application for the position of Human Resource Manager”, must be submitted on or before 16th October 2020 via email to email@example.com and should be sent to the below address.
Kindly quote the reference number indicated above.
Umma University is an equal opportunity employer. Women, marginalized groups and persons living with disability are encouraged to apply.
The Vice Chancellor,
P. O. Box: 713 – 01100, Kajiado – Kenya