Vivo Activewear Ltd
Vacancy: IT Intern (Systems Development)
Do you have what it takes to join a vibrant team?
Vivo Activewear prides itself in inspiring women to look and feel great.
It is a place to explore potential, eliminate boundaries and push out the edges of what we can be.
The company seeks to nurture talent, grow and bring dreams to fruition.
Our culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding performance.
We seek achievers, leaders and visionaries to bring skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving Fashion Industry.
What about the position?
We are looking for an outstanding IT Intern (Systems Development) who will assist and provide support for projects on implementation, upgrade or support new or existing software per the direction of the Information Technology Manager.
- Collaborate with other departments to determine programming objectives
- Participate in development of new software applications
- Write code that supports these objectives and provides optimal functionality
- Edit and improve upon code in existing web programs and applications
- Design new programs and applications that will enhance our business
- Ensure code is error-free, readable, efficient, and logically organized for ease of access
- Aptly name variables and include code comments for future users
- Provide supplemental program instructions and diagrams for code in layman’s terms
- Develop set systems and tasks for efficient coding processes
- Run extensive tests and trial runs to confirm proper functionality and desired results
- Operate debugging software and seek out the root cause of error in coding or sequences
- Perform detailed, manual checks of code
- Troubleshoot errors effectively and efficiently
- Create, manage, and maintain coding databases
- Formulate efficient database retrieval systems
- Frequently run upgrades on systems
- Utilize information from code libraries to ease and expedite the coding process
- Ensure programs, external equipment, networks, etc. are all in proper communication
- Provide model diagrams and prototypes of programming system
- Collaborate in cross-functional projects
- Problem solving
- Readiness to learn
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in Computer Science, IT or related field
- Knowledge in programming languages: Java script, PHP, Mobile(android/iOS), React native and Liquid (Ruby on Rails).
- Knowledge in Development Frameworks: CakePhp, CodeIgniter, NodeJS
- SQL database or relational database skills: MySQL
- Knowledge in Web Technologies: Angular, HTML5, CSS3, JQuery
- Knowledge in Methodologies: Object Oriented Programming, Agile Development.
- Operating Systems: Windows.
- Digital marketing and Business Intelligence.
How to Apply
If you believe you are the right person for the position and would like to be a part of our team, kindly send a detailed CV and cover letter to email@example.com by October 31, 2020.
The subject of your email should be “IT Intern (Systems Development)”
We would love to respond to all your applications but due to a large number of applications received for advertised positions, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.