Position: Water and Sanitation Engineer / Plumber
Location: Mogadishu, Somalia
We are looking for a Water and Sanitation Engineer client who will work in Mogadishu City, Somalia.
He will be responsible for large and difficult engineering projects, applying a full range of engineering theories and techniques in the design, construction, maintenance, repair and liquidation of major structures and facilities, and related engineering activities required for peace-keeping field missions.
He/she will report to the Chief, Infrastructure Design and Implementation Section.
Within delegated authority, the WATSAN /Structural Engineer will be responsible for the following duties and responsibilities:
- Locates viable water sources and abstraction points including surface (river, lake, steams) and ground water sources (wells, boreholes, infiltration galleries).
- Supervises drilling of wells and boreholes and construction of surface and subsurface water intakes.
- Installs, maintains, water supply systems, water treatment plants, water storage facilities, pumps, plants and controls panels of and other allied equipment.
- University degree or a higher Diploma in civil engineering or related fields. Specialization in water, environmental and sanitation engineering is desirable.
- A valid Kenyan passport.
- Membership for professional institutions is desirable.
- Technical or vocational certificate in Water Resources, Water sample analysis, installation, operation and maintenance of water equipment is required.
- A minimum of five years of progressively responsible experience in the field of Structural design, water, environmental and sanitation engineering, or related field. Engineering experience in international peacekeeping, post conflict environment, field or military operations will be an added advantage.
How to Apply
Qualified candidates can send their CV to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating Water and Sanitation Engineer as the subject line.
Kindly indicate your expected salary.