Wells Oil Ltd
Job Opening: General Manager
Wells Oil Ltd is a company based in Western Kenya Region (HQ in Kisumu) with a distinguished record of business success in the energy sector particularly in the distribution and retail of petroleum, lubricants and LPG.
We seek to recruit a hands-on and result-oriented individual for the above position.
- Oversee daily operations of the key business units i.e Finance, Audit, HC, Operations and Projects.
- Ensure the implementation of strategies designed to grow the business in line with the company’s Strategic Plan and report results to the Directors and Advisory Board.
- Spearhead the development and implementation of business plans for profitability.
- Coordinate the development of key performance goals; guide, mentor and motivate reportees in their assigned job duties.
- Continuously evaluate/periodically appraise reportees in liaison with the HCM and recommend appropriate action.
2. Finance Department Oversight:
- Provide insights on the financial health of the organization and measure returns on investments.
- Analyze and calculate the risks involved in financial activities of the company.
- Develop relationships with external contacts such as auditors, financial institutions and KRA.
- Review financial reports, analyze and prepare monthly, quarterly, semi-annual and annual reports and present the same to Advisory Board members, Directors and Management team during formal meetings.
3. Internal Audit Department Oversight:
- Oversee and ensure implementation of the audit plan to attain internal audit goals.
- Constant monitoring and evaluation on the control systems to ensure that the same are effective and advise/recommend changes for improvement.
- Ensure the business meets all its statutory and compliance obligations, including statutory accounting and tax issues.
4. Human Capital Department Oversight:
- Oversee HR planning and execution of recruitment plans to ensure compliance to company policy.
- Ensure Legal compliance as per stipulated labour laws and fair/transparent grievance/disciplinary management to enhance good industrial relations.
5. Operations Department Oversight:
- Oversee the departments operations bordering transport, procurement, IT, sales and marketing.
- Review current processes/SOPs and make recommendations where appropriate.
- Engage in key/targeted customer activities whenever necessary.
- Build strategic relationships and partner with key industry players, agencies and suppliers.
6. Projects Department Oversight:
- Oversee and participate in consent of 3rd party contracts/agreements for major service providers in liaison with CPM and company advocate.
- Oversee all projects operations carried out by the CPM from planning, implementation, to completion stage and ensure progress reports are sent as required.
Required Qualifications and Attributes:
- Bachelor of Commerce with a bias in Finance; (CPA II shall be an added advantage).
- 8 to 10 years’ proven experience in a similar position.
- Strategic and Financial planning skills, Excellent Planning, Organization and Communication Skills-both written and verbal, Leadership Skills, Good negotiator, Team player; Strong
- Problem-Solving Skills; Reporting Skills, Analytical and Attention to Detail;
How to Apply
If you meet the above requirements send your application (indicate your pay expectation) and detailed CV only to;
The Group Human Resource & Admin. Manager,
Wells Oil Ltd,
P.O. Box 3936 40100
OR Email – firstname.lastname@example.org (Subject –General Manager)
Application deadline: 10th November 2020
We always endeavor to make contact with all our applicants, but unfortunately high volumes of applications make this unrealistic. If you do not hear from us within two weeks after the application deadline, kindly acknowledge that your application was not successful on this occasion but may be considered in future.