UN World Food Programme (WFP) – Somalia
Post Title: IT Solutions Officer (Data Services Lead)
Vacancy Announcement No. 021/2020
Contract type: Fixed Term
Post Grade: NOA
Duty Station: Nairobi
Duration: 1 year (initial)
Date of Issue: 29th October 2020
Closing Date: 11th November 2020
Organizational Background: The United Nations World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
The World Food Programme Somalia activities include food assistance for relief, Safety nets including unconditional safety nets and school feeding, nutrition, and livelihoods related activities through provision of in-kind and cash-based transfers.
This position is open to qualified Kenyan candidates; female candidates are particularly encouraged to apply.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Under the technical supervision of the Head of ICT, the incumbent will be responsible for the following duties:
- Design, develop and continually improve the Country Office analytics and reporting from local and corporate data sources;
- Design, build and continually improve dashboards ensuring compliance with Corporate and best practice data visualization standards and frameworks;
- Perform user management and support functions; manage and coordinate business unit data needs working closely with, supporting and capacity-building their appointed data focal points; draft and update user management standard operating procedures including a comprehensive user/role access control matrix;
- Seek out and strengthen collaboration with peers including the local Solutions & Business Engagement focal point, regional data coordinator and HQ teams among other relevant stakeholders to ensure the Country Office data service is effective, efficient, secure and robust;
- Act as an alternate for the Solutions & Business Engagement role and provide technical assistance to other online platforms and databases as needed;
- Establish a secure analytics environment that meets data quality, accuracy, and Personally Identified Information (PII) confidentiality requirements in accordance with the corporate Guide to Personal Data Protection and Privacy;
- Perform any other duties as may be required.
Education: Advanced University degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Mathematics or Engineering or other related fields or First University Degree with additional years of related work experience and/or training/courses.
- At least 1 or more years post graduate professional experience in data analytics and business intelligence;
- Extensive knowledge of data collection and warehousing platforms;
- Technical expertise in data models, database design, and data mining and segmentation techniques;
- Experience in data management, analysis and visualization;
- Demonstrated experience in managing technology projects and supervision of team members.
Language: Fluency in both oral and written communication in English is a requirement
Knowledge & Skills:
- Proven data visualization skills using Tableau and Microsoft Power BI
- Strong oral and written communication and presentation skills;
- Strong analytical skills including the ability to collect, organize, analyse, and disseminate with attention to detail and accuracy
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates are requested to submit online applications through E-Recruitment using the following link:
Applications that do not meet the above requirements will be disregarded. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
WFP seeks applicants of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles.
WFP is an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance.
Selection of candidates is made on a competitive basis.