Women In Modern Agriculture (WIMA-CBO) wishes to recruit the following:
Position: Project Coordinator – OVC
Area of Operation: Siaya County – Rarieda sub-county.
Project Background: Women In Modern Agriculture (WIMA-CBO) is implementing a 4 year orphans and vulnerable children (OVC) program in Siaya County – Rarieda sub-county, which seeks to empower local and county-level OVC stakeholders to strengthen the formal and informal HIV, child protection systems and services as well as linkages between them including multi-sectoral service referrals and coordination to ensure quality service delivery to OVC and their Households.
To advance this, WIMA-CBO desires to integrate OVC/HCBC with the ART (AIDS Relief) and other on-going OVC-PEPFAR programs that integrate agriculture and microfinance to promote food security and improve income. Initiate collaborative activities with county partners, including Ministry of Gender, Children & Social Development, Children’s Department and other National organizations as appropriate.
Job Summary: The Coordinator will be responsible for providing technical support to staff managing OVC programs in the field and ensuring appropriate implementation as per the approved activities, support in writing periodic reports, hold technical meetings, work with all stakeholders involved and represent WIMA-CBO externally in appropriate forums.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
- In collaboration with the M&E officer, use appropriate tools and mechanisms to monitor and evaluate the progress of the set goals and objectives.
- Visit intervention sites to provide management and administrative support as well as advice to project staff- with the view of improving operational aspects of the project.
- Participate in performance evaluation of intervention sites, identify performance gaps and recommend suitable improvement plans.
- Ensure strict adherence to project plans as envisaged in WIMA guidelines, donor philosophies and in conformity with national and international standards.
- Organize regular implementation review meetings with all staff and relevant stakeholders.
- Ensure regular data quality assessments for efficient and timely service delivery.
- Oversee the preparation of annual work plan and budget.
- Provide technical support in the preparation of task orders and ensure strict adherence to the same during project implementation.
- Effectively and efficiently manage project grants in accordance with the donor, GoK as well as WIMA guidelines.
- Work with management of WIMA, key stakeholders and OVC technical teams to develop abstracts for sharing in relevant forums locally and internationally.
- Ensure that documentation of best practices is undertaken.
- Supervise project staff
- Manage and maintain WIMA resources and equipment in the area of operation, as well as any other duty that may be assigned from time to time
- Degree in Social Sciences, public health or an equivalent with experience in OVC/HCBC.
- Have solid working knowledge (practical skills) in OVC/HCBC Programming.
- At least 4 years’ experience working in OVC project with wide coverage area funded by USG.
- Familiarity with implementation of US Government-funded projects.
- Demonstrated ability to transfer knowledge through formal and informal training.
- Experience in staff supervision, good coordination skills as well as the ability to work in a team.
Working Conditions: Able to work for long hours on computer.
NB: Knowledge of the local language (Luo) is an added advantage.
How to Apply
If you meet the above requirements, please send your application letter and CV indicating current and expected salary to THE CEO WIMA-CBO with your daytime contacts (cell phone number) to reach us latest Monday, 9th, November, 2020 COB.
WIMA-CBO, P.O. Box 133-40611 NYILIMA.
OR deliver to WIMA-CBO office along Luanda Kotieno Rd. at Kalandin Centre.