World Vision Kenya is a leading Christian relief, development and advocacy organisation dedicated to working with children, families and communities to overcome poverty and injustice.
Our programmes are spread across in most parts of Kenya.
We are seeking highly competent and outstanding individuals to fill the following position to be based in Kenya.
Job Title: Accountant
Reporting to: Project / Program Manager
Grade Level: 13
Work Location: Various locations
Purpose of Position: To promote Grants financial stewardship, accountability, reliability and accuracy of financial reports as well as implement financial policies. The role is required to safeguard assets and ensures compliance to donor regulations.
Budget Monitoring 25%
- Help Project staff in linking Grant Budget to Grant Work-plans, so that the activities to be undertaken in the projects matches to the budget
- Ensure strict adherence to the approved budgets.
- Monitor and review activities to ensure that only budgeted costs have been incurred
Financial Reporting 20%
- Preparation of timely and accurate financial reports for submission to support offices, donors and management as required.
- Prepare and submit timely, accurate and complete grants financial reports
- Load grants reports in FFR database
- Prepare management reports for decision making purposes
- Support and participate in year- end processes
Monitoring & Compliance 20%
- Monitor Project expenses against the approved budget.
- Reconcile LDRs with payroll for the project staff under grants.
- Ensure donor regulations are adhered to for the assigned projects.
- Perform Vendor screening
- Support and coordinate grants end closure processes
Risk Management 20%
- Facilitate audit process for assigned grants both internal and external audits
- Provide relevant information for audit responses
- Follow up on implementation of audit recommendations
- Review grants PRFs for budget availability and proper coding
- Provide and maintain grants financial information for safe custody and access
- Ensure assets purchased through donor funds are properly utilized and safe guarded
- Attend program technical meetings and give feedback and updates on financial aspect of the assigned grants.
- Ensure good storage of financial reports and records in line with the WVK and donor requirements
- Ensure all copies of final signed Grant agreements documents between donors and WVK is available on file
Any other Duty assigned by supervisor or designee 5%
- Perform any other duty as may be assigned by supervisor or designee from time to time
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Bachelor of Commerce, Economics, Accounting or Finance or related field with CPA Part 2
- 3 years of experience in accounting field and at least 2 years in grants management
- Practical experience of using SUN system accounting Software is preferred
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills
- Excellent analytical skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, good interpersonal relation skills.
- A team player.
- Demonstrable ability to work with minimum supervision.
You will be required to produce a current (within 3 months) Original Police Clearance Certificate or waiting receipt during interview In case you are shortlisted
CLICK HERE for more information on the job and application procedure and submit your online application including a detailed CV, current and expected salary, with names of three referees.
Current Police Clearance Certificate or proof of application for the same will be required during interviews.
Application deadline is November 01, 2020 at midnight.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
World Vision is a child focused organization and upholds the rights and wellbeing of children.
Our recruitment and selection procedures include screening and background checking for child abuse related offenses.
World Vision is an equal opportunity employer.
World Vision does not use employment agencies nor does it charge money for recruitment, interviews, or medical checks.
More information about vacancies can be found on our official careers page https://careers.wvi.org/.