World Vision Kenya is a leading Christian relief, development and advocacy organisation dedicated to working with children, families and communities to overcome poverty and injustice.
Our programmes are spread across in most parts of Kenya.
We are seeking highly competent and outstanding individuals to fill the following position to be based in Nairobi.
Job Title: Driver
Reporting to: Fleet Supervisor
Grade Level: 9
Work Location: Nairobi
Purpose of Position: To ensure smooth facilitation of staff and partners and carry out administrative tasks and ensure World Vision Kenya fleet is safe, healthy and economical to guarantee staff facilitation.
Staff & Visitors Facilitation 55%
- Timely facilitation of staff to and from work and to other official duties.
- Ensure courteous facilitation of visitors, partners and donors to the field and other official engagements.
- Ensure safety of staff, vehicle and other road users while on a trip
- Ensure mobilization of all resources necessary for safe and effective staff facilitation
- Work with respective staff to plan and coordinate field facilitation services.
Office Administration 15%
- Facilitate delivery of parcels/ mails/ deliveries
- Facilitate delivery of goods from suppliers/ stores to the field offices
- Carry out office errands as directed by the supervisor
- In collaboration with Administration department liaise with service providers to ensure quality services
Vehicle Maintenance and Management 15%
- Ensure vehicle cleanliness all the time.
- Keep vehicle movement log book up to date.
- Check mechanical and operational soundness of the vehicle.
- Ensure that the vehicle allocated to you has all the necessary safety and security equipment.
- Ensure that the vehicle is serviced and maintained as recommended by the manufacturer.
- Check and ensure that all vehicle tools and accessories are in place and in good working condition.
- Undertake minor repairs and recommend for major vehicle repairs.
- Ensure that vehicles are parked in secure areas when travelling
- Keep abreast of traffic laws and ensure adherence.
- Surrender vehicle keys and fuel card to the fleet office at the end of every trip
- Report all vehicle malfunctions to the fleet office.
- Initiate procurement process for all motor vehicle repairs and maintenance.
- Ensure display of insurance certificate sticker in the vehicles allocated to them.
- Facilitate annual government inspection of vehicles allocated to you as may be necessary.
- Prepare monthly and other vehicle reports and file copies of the same after approval.
- Forward all invoices, receipts and fuel returns to fleet management for payment process.
- In case of accident/ incident, notify the fleet office and forward detailed reports and necessary documents for claim processing.
- Support field or office activities as may be necessary whenever not facilitating staff to the field
- Any other duties as assigned by the Supervisor
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- O Level Certificate or it’s equivalent.
- Valid driving license with class A, B, C and E
- At least five years’ experience in driving class A (Motor omni bus), B, C and E vehicles with safe driving record.
- Training in automobile engineering is an added advantage
- Training in defensive driving from a recognized institution
- Training in First Aid
- Computer skills, including proficiency in MS Office suite
- Ability to conduct minor diagnosis and trouble shoot
- Knowledge of transport regulatory acts/Law
- Experience in Nairobi city driving and be conversant with the entire country road network
- Familiarity with other office operations like photocopying
- Track record demonstrating high integrity, reliable and dependable
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- License, registration, or certification required to perform this position:
- Valid Driving license
- Basic knowledge of vehicle maintenance
- Automobile Association of Kenya competence certification.
- Occupational Trade Test II for drivers
- Current Certificate of Police clearance
You will be required to produce a current (within 3 months) Original Police Clearance Certificate or waiting receipt during interview In case you are shortlisted
CLICK HERE for more information on the job and application procedure and submit your online application including a detailed CV, current and expected salary, with names of three referees.
Current Police Clearance Certificate or proof of application for the same will be required during interviews.
Application deadline is November 01, 2020 at midnight.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
World Vision is a child focused organization and upholds the rights and wellbeing of children.
Our recruitment and selection procedures include screening and background checking for child abuse related offenses.
World Vision is an equal opportunity employer.
World Vision does not use employment agencies nor does it charge money for recruitment, interviews, or medical checks.
More information about vacancies can be found on our official careers page https://careers.wvi.org/.