World Vision Kenya is a leading Christian relief, development and advocacy organisation dedicated to working with children, families and communities to overcome poverty and injustice.
Our programmes are spread across ¡n most parts of Kenya.
We are seeking highly competent and outstanding individuals to fill the following position to be based in Nairobi.
Job Title: Enterprise Risk Management Officer
Reporting to: Senior Manager, Legal, Governance & Risk
Grade Level: 14
Work Location: Nairobi
Purpose of Position: The position will support the design and implementation of a robust Enterprise Risk Management Framework aimed at minimizing potential and real risks; and supports appropriate initiatives to effectively manage the same, both at strategic and operational level of WVK’s business in a legal and ethical manner.
Support the enhancement and strengthening of WVK’s risk management framework 40%
- Contribute to the development of a comprehensive risk framework that will guide WVK’s operations in the achievement of her mandate;
- Assist in the implementation of WVK’s Risk Management Policy Framework as periodically revised and approved by the Executive Board while ensuring that WVK’s key risks (programmatic, financial and operational) are identified, assessed, measured, controlled and managed prudentially
- Support the design of Risk Framework Components – Enhance, build, or expand Risk Identification, Risk Scoring, Risk Appetite, and Risk Reporting infrastructures, including relevant programs and processes through effective management of Riskonnect system;
- Participate in the development, dissemination and monitor implementation of systems, standards, policies and procedures for the identification, collection and analysis of risk related information
- Participate in the development of appropriate and innovative initiatives to mitigate the risk exposure level to the organization;
- Continuously monitor WVK’s risk exposure and flag off any areas of concern.
- Engage teams to co-create and develop key risk indicators and in ensuring compliance
- Support preparation of documentation to be presented on a quarterly Audit & Risk Committee of the Board; as well as all departmental reports
Support Organizational Compliance Programme process 35%
- In liaison with the Supervisor and the Risk Management Forum, conduct periodic risk assessments and prepare the respective risk profiles that facilitate monitoring of the risk component in WVK;
- Engage with multi- sectoral teams to review project implementation processes and reports and follow up on implementation of past assessments recommendations
- Support ongoing compliance embedding process using the Integrated Compliance Monitoring Tool for internal policies and regulatory requirements; and maintenance of comprehensive up to date organizational policy and regulations database; and monitor compliance across the organization
- Ensure that departments maintain up to date obligations registers; with compliance risks managed as per the enterprise risk management framework
- Provide ongoing user support to ensure alignment of WVK’s Risk Management Framework and underlying risk programs and processes ensuring the organization is operating in compliance with applicable industry best practices and global regulatory guidelines
Support Staff Capacity building interventions 20%
- Actively participate in committees related to risk management, safety, and quality improvement
- Participate and/or facilitate capacity building for all staff and partners aimed at strengthening risk management and compliance in the organization
- Collaborate in the development and implementation of ERM special projects such as corporate risk trainings; Ongoing user support for expanding risk automation tools (e.g. Riskonnect, Integrated Compliance Monitoring Tool)
- Maintenance of ERM policies and documentation, and other activities focusing on the advancement of risk accountability and culture
- Support the convening periodically of the Risk Owner’s Forum meetings to discuss WVK’s risk profile with Management Staff
Other duties 5%
- Participate in the devotional life of the organization
- Other duties as assigned by the Supervisor or designee from time to time
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Finance /Accounting, Economics, Actuarial sciences, Risk Management or related fields
- A minimum of five (5) years’ experience in Risk Management
- Professional qualifications in risk management or finance an added advantage;
- Must be a member of a finance or risk related professional body;
- Should have thorough knowledge of the relevant industry/sector as well as knowledge of regulatory requirements affecting the relevant sector
- Must have proficiency in governance, control and risk
- Ability to understand and document workflows and business processes
- Knowledge and effective application of all relevant NGO policies, processes, procedures and guidelines to achieve consistently, required compliance standards or benchmarks
- Should have thorough knowledge of the relevant industry/sector as well as knowledge of regulatory requirements affecting the relevant sector;
- Must have ability to plan, organize, implement and evaluate departmental goals;
- Must demonstrate ability to handle multiple and conflicting priorities, and work under strict deadlines;
- Must have high standards of integrity and ethical practice;
- Must have ability to accurately plan work assignments, prioritize tasks and deliver deadlines;
- Should be an effective communicator with the ability to handle both internal and external communication;
- Should demonstrate ability to support the identification and response to risk areas within the department;
- Should be an effective team player and able to collaborate well with other departments
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, e.g. Excel and Word.
You will be required to produce a current (within 3 months) Original Police Clearance Certificate or waiting receipt during interview In case you are shortlisted
CLICK HERE for more information on the job and application procedure and submit your online application including a detailed CV, current and expected salary, with names of three referees.
Current Police Clearance Certificate or proof of application for the same will be required during interviews.
Application deadline is November 01, 2020 at midnight.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
World Vision is a child focused organization and upholds the rights and wellbeing of children.
Our recruitment and selection procedures include screening and background checking for child abuse related offenses.
World Vision is an equal opportunity employer.
World Vision does not use employment agencies nor does it charge money for recruitment, interviews, or medical checks.
More information about vacancies can be found on our official careers page https://careers.wvi.org/.