World Vision Kenya is a leading Christian relief, development and advocacy organisation dedicated to working with children, families and communities to overcome poverty and injustice.
Our programmes are spread across in most parts of Kenya.
We are seeking highly competent and outstanding individuals to fill the following position to be based in Kenya.
Job Title: Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability & Learning Grant Officer
Reporting to: Project Manager
Grade Level: 13
Work Location: Wajir
Purpose of Position: The purpose of this position is to establish an effective monitoring, evaluation, accountability and learning system in achieving efficiency and accountability of the Coast and Northern Kenya Integrated Emergency Response Project (KIERP) whose aim is to provide lifesaving WASH, nutrition, Livelihood & Economic recovery and Multi-Purpose Cash Assistance interventions to disaster affected people in Mandera and Wajir Counties.
The position holder must be able to communicate World Vision’s Christian ethos and demonstrate a quality of spiritual life that present positive example to others and partners.
Project Planning 25%
- Take lead in the design and implementation of a monitoring framework to track delivery against program objectives.
- Developing internal reporting schedules & templates, clarifying what level of information is needed and where, with key responsibilities assigned, and reviewing proposals, with a particular focus on checking log frames and ensuring indicators are SMART
- Review and update log frames, M&E Plans, Project indicators and periodic targets and detailed implementation plans.
- Support develop clear and implementable work break down structure for respective activities
- Identify and document the project geographical coverage and produce a RS/GIS activity /Project map.
- Ensure realistic scheduling of Program activities and budgets.
- Participating in the development of tools and guidelines for data collection, collation and reporting, with a focus on establishing Output and outcome Tracking, systemically checking data for quality, accuracy, and consistency, and providing feedback as necessary;
- Contribute to the design of MEAL methodology and child-focused indicators by the project team, and to the promotion of child participation in M&E planning and accountability.
- Provide support and participate in project design (assessments baseline surveys) and in the production of well-designed Disaster Management proposals that are LEAP aligned and reflective of community needs and contexts.
Project Assessment, Monitoring, Reporting & Evaluation 25%
- Provide technical leadership in implementing/mainstreaming the project M&E system to the existing M&E system in WVK.
- Monitor project implementation levels across three Counties and report progress, impact and best practices.
- Provide support in the maintenance of a comprehensive and updated database for OFDA Grant and DMT Projects.
- Provide technical leadership in carrying out baseline assessments, and end of project review across the three counties of the project sites
- Support development of ToR in collaboration with other project teams and identify specific data requirements
- Use process, output level quality benchmarks as reference to undertake field monitoring visits, focusing on programme quality aspects, discuss with relevant staff and share reports with relevant colleagues.
- Take charge of collating and analyzing data and synthesizing information, updating the monitoring matrix and other monitoring tools in place.
- Ensure timely analysis of monitoring data and dissemination to key stakeholders for management decision making.
- Follow up with project teams on programme quality improvement action plans. Ensure action points are followed up and relevant measures taken and incorporated into programming.
- Designing situation analysis, needs and baseline/end line assessments, external reviews, evaluations and documentation, and identifying resources, including technical resources, both within WVI and externally.
- Support the implementation of processes to review the quality of existing project data, information collection methods and the suitability of the existing data for the provision of sound baseline information.
- Representing the principles and work of WV to donors, Government, Media and other humanitarian stakeholders.
- Ensure established linkages between the M&E system of the project and the Humanitarian accountability requirements.
- Timely submission of monthly situational report
- Always ensure to store collected data securely as per policies relating to data protection for the project
- Coordinate project reflection and learning sessions in conjunction with other grant staff and project partners.
- Disseminate all project information related to M&E to staff and partners across the three counties
- Ensure Project alignment to the donors and support office evaluation protocols and methodological tools
Database Management 15%
- Provide MIS content/requirements and feedback to project team and document progress on indicators/achievement of targets (Logical Framework Approach – LFA) using Indicator Tracking Tables (ITT)
- Support the development of systems and processes for the implementation of M&E policy and procedure based on WV best practice, developing frameworks to integrate impact assessment and learning and knowledge management into the programme and project cycle;
- Plan tracking for Project indicators of strategic relevance from secondary and primary data, with partners and communities
- Maintain a tracking spreadsheet for M&E activities and events – baselines, assessments, reviews, evaluations – tracking trends and recommendations, progressing their implementation where appropriate.
- Compile, consolidate and analyze quantitative and qualitative project data and contribute into subsequent reporting through monthly MEAL reports, updates, successes and issues from the MEAL tracking tools.
- Review of reports and ensure alignment with LEAP and donor standards and are timely submitted.
- Ensure the development, contextualization and refining of M&E tools and resources needed to implement humanitarian accountability issues.
- Take lead in the analysis of data collected under the monitoring framework for assessment of progress and areas for improvement.
- Support remote sensing and GIS Mapping of Program activities, Outputs and Beneficiaries in all the Counties
- Ensure the appropriate use of information management systems in compliance with WV Kenya, GoK, and OFDA and in line with partnership agreements.
Networking, Collaboration & Accountability 10%
- Network and collaborate with relevant partners, and represent World Vision in Interagency Working Group Meetings
- Coordinate with external stakeholders including, but not limited to, academia, NGOs, Government, and Private Sector in order to advance the learning goal of the project
- Ensure sensitive complaints collection and handling through development of functional systems within the project
- Ensure accountability assessments are conducted and capacity of staff built to undertake accountability assessments.
- Ensure effective community complaints response mechanisms in collaboration with communities are developed and functional
- Comply with and promote WV policies such as Child Safeguarding, Whistle blower and Fraud.
Learning, Documentation & Capacity Development 10%
- Ensure continuous learning and documentation of lessons learnt and best practices for program design, monitoring and evaluation frameworks related to emergency response.
- Coordinate the sharing of learning related to MEAL practices across offices and provide support when internal/external reviews, evaluations, and lessons learned exercises should be employed.
- Support the development of project case studies, human interest stories, documentaries and other related materials
- Organize/ project learning events to document lessons learnt, good practices and areas of improvement.
- Ensure that lessons learnt and reports are documented (printed, visual) and published for sharing with the donor and other partners and proactively share information and learning with internal and external stakeholders
- Develop capacity building plans and support WV and partners in building their capacity in M&E, Core Humanitarian Standards (CHS) and in the management of information systems, development of required formats, key indicators, needs assessments, frameworks for evaluation, qualitative documentation of outcomes and impact of projects.
Project Management 10%
- Ensure timely implementation of projects and follow up on deliverable completion of work plans and budgets, ensuring due dates are met
- Liaising with the relevant units/departments to ensure the completion of activities and documentation to support the procurement plans of the project
- Assist in ensuring effective communication within administration team and logistics
- Coordinating with partners on implementation of the project
- Create a list of electronic project documentation/files including reports, approvals and any other relevant documentation for historical record
- Ensure adherence to donor and WV policies and standards and regulations
- Provide overall leadership, coordination, management and administrative support in the absence of the Project Manager.
- Perform any other duty as may be assigned by supervisor or designee from time to time
- Participate and contribute in committees and task forces as may be required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Must have a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Social sciences, Monitoring and Evaluation or Project management, Statistics or related discipline from a recognized University.
- Minimum four years practical experience in M&E system coordination/ implementation in a large international non-governmental organization or other international relief/development body;
- Experience in working on donor funded programs and experience with USAID/OFDA donor funded projects is an added advantage.
- Background of implementing effective M&E systems and/or accountability mechanisms in emergency responses
- Proven technical ability around M&E (i.e. experience in Data collection on the Open data kit plat form and other mobile based applications, ability to conduct data analysis and interpretation)
- Demonstrable track-record in data tracking and evaluation, with the ability to support staff and partners on M&E methodology and analyze and disseminate information to a range of stakeholder audiences internally and externally;
- Well-developed research, analytical (qualitative and quantitative), documentation, report-writing and strategic planning skills, with particular competency in participatory research methods;
- Computer literacy, particularly in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint;
- Working knowledge of data/statistical programmes e.g. SPSS, Stata etc
- Some certification in M&E and in conducting assessments/ rapid assessments or equivalent
You will be required to produce a current (within 3 months) Original Police Clearance Certificate or waiting receipt during interview In case you are shortlisted
CLICK HERE for more information on the job and application procedure and submit your online application including a detailed CV, current and expected salary, with names of three referees.
Current Police Clearance Certificate or proof of application for the same will be required during interviews.
Application deadline is November 01, 2020 at midnight.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
World Vision is a child focused organization and upholds the rights and wellbeing of children.
Our recruitment and selection procedures include screening and background checking for child abuse related offenses.
World Vision is an equal opportunity employer.
World Vision does not use employment agencies nor does it charge money for recruitment, interviews, or medical checks.
More information about vacancies can be found on our official careers page https://careers.wvi.org/.