World Vision Kenya is a leading Christian relief, development and advocacy organisation dedicated to working with children, families and communities to overcome poverty and injustice.
Our programmes are spread across ¡n most parts of Kenya.
We are seeking highly competent and outstanding individuals to fill the following position to be based in Kenya.
Position: Project Coordinator – Community Engagement Sponsorship Project (CESP)
Reporting to: Cluster Manager
Grade Level: 13
Work Location: Mondi
Purpose of Position: To facilitate programming, engagement and management of sponsorship operations aimed at contributing to enhanced child and sponsor relationship, and improved child wellbeing outcomes within the AP
ADP Accountability – 15%
- Coordinate achievement of programmatic objectives; planning, implementation and review of progress/DIPs, budget Utilization and ensure managers approval and endorsement of all plans
- Coordinate regular planning, accountability and follow up of key performance indicators and overall quality assurance matters
- Coordinate and follow up external engagement, collaborations and advocacy matters
- Represent the Area Manager in County engagement forum as may be delegated
- Participate in County sector specific forum and at sub county and ward levels as will be appropriate.
- Coordinate resource acquisition matters as agreed upon with the manager.
- Coordinate capacity building as per approved (by Manager) plan
- Coordinate Integrated Sponsorship planning and monitoring
- Coordinating ADP office managements & logistics
End Results Expected
- Well-coordinated AP activities.
- Integrated AP activity implementation.
- World Vision Kenya well represented in stakeholder/engagement forums within the AP area.
Sponsorship operations, 30%
- Gift Notifications (GNs) are tracked, processed, closed at AP and NO and acknowledgement documentation sent to SO within the standard timeline as per the respective SO requirements.
- Correspondences (SLs, ILs, queries, ELs etc) are tracked and processed within the standard time.
- Facilitate production of sponsorship 2.0 products (Child Greeting Video (CGV), Child Special Moment Videos (CSMVs), Community Introductory Videos (YIVs) and Community Annual Photos (YAP)) as per guidelines/standards and timelines
- Ensure RC level are maintained as per the AP plan
- Ensure overage RC are dropped as per standards
- Facilitate development of MOUs with LIs and timely funding of the LIs
- RC are monitored within the standard timelines
- Ensure CWB/case management issues are addressed as per standards
- Facilitate timely implementation of birthday bounce backs and community gifts
- Facilitate processing of APR and Christmas cards as per guidelines and timelines – ensure business processes are followed accordingly
- Facilitate capturing of child and family participation and support
- Facilitate children birth registration within the AP
- Facilitate management of RC files
- Ensure security of sponsor addresses/contacts
- Facilitate effective management of RC death processes – timely reporting, development of detailed report, dropping of records, verbal autopsy
- Facilitate effective sponsor/donor visits to the AP – ensure they sign child protection protocol and complete feedback questionnaire
- Facilitate integration of child protection initiatives and take lead in case management – reporting of cases as per WV standards, follow for actions
Expected End Results
- Standard operating indicators (SOIs) sustained green every month
- RC monitored every 90 days
- RC levels sustained at the planned level
- Quality sponsorship 2.0 products timely submitted as per schedule and guidelines
- CWB issues timely attended to
- RC and family participation and support meets expectation
- LI timely funded
- RC files complete, up to date and stored under lock and key
- Birthday bounce backs and community GNs timely implemented
- RC birth registration minimum of 95%
- Sponsor/donor visits well facilitated
- Child protection violations timely reported to the NO and duty bearers
Programming and reporting, 15%
- Facilitate development of CESP project annual operating plan (AOP)
- Ensure timely implementation of activities and budgets sustained at acceptable level
- Facilitate DME processes – assessments, AP re/design, baselines, project monitoring/implementation, evaluations, , transition processes,
- Facilitate learning, review and reflection forums and documentation of best practices/change stories
- Generating quality reports – activity reports, monthly, quarterly, semi-annual and annual
- Management of project management information system (horizon) – DIPs, ITTs, budgets and activity monitoring
- Sharing of SSUI reports for management decision making
- Support effective integration of Sponsorship operation interventions with other projects in the program.
- Facilitate spiritual nurture of children in the AP
- Support asset mapping against RC
Expected End Results
- Timely submission of quality AOP
- Budget utilization sustained at < 5%
- Quality and timely reports submitted as per WV guidelines
- Horizon platform up to date
- Quality DME products submitted as per guidelines
Engagement and networking, 10%
- Effective representation of WVK in Child rights stakeholder meetings at county and sub-county levels.
- Facilitate community forums – for planning, joint monitoring
- Participation in National/International Child rights days at county and sub-county level.
- Provide information to inform fund raising initiatives at national level
- Facilitate community members to advocate on child wellbeing issues to relevant stakeholders
- Support advocacy initiatives in the AP
Expected End Results
- WVK well represented in stakeholders forum and minutes well documented
- Evidence of community participation in the AP planning and implementation of activities
Capacity building, 15%
- Capacity assessment for LI conducted annually
- Support roll out of new initiatives
- Coordinate training & refresher courses and conduct regular monitoring to ensure that sponsorship standards and sponsorship business processes are adhered to in the AP/Local Institutions.
- Facilitate coaching and mentoring to the AP sponsorship staff in order to attain better results in the sponsorship performance indictors/Dashboard.
- Contextualize and adopt the use of training materials and methods which respond to local needs.
- Prepare logistics for training events in a timely and cost effective manner.
- Seek useful feedback from participants that will improve future capacity building.
- Build capacity of partners effectively to collect monitoring data on CWB outcomes.
Expected End Results
- LI and supervisees capacity gaps addressed with ability to deliver the KPIs
- Staff and LI staff trained on new initiatives for them to be able to implement new initiatives
Partnering for performance, 10%
- Facilitate target setting for supervisees and LI as per WV guidelines
- Conduct staff performance reviews as per WVK guidelines
- Institute consequence management as per WVK P&C policies and procedures
- Supporting supervisees personal development as appropriate
Expected End Results
- Complete performance agreements and appraisal timely submitted
- Staff and LI meets or exceeds performance expectation
Any Other duty 5%
Minimum education, training and experience requirements to qualify for the position:
- The position holder should have a Bachelor’s degree in Development Studies, social sciences or a related field.
- 3 years’ experience in sponsorship management.
- Determined personality with initiative and a team player.
- The position holder must be result oriented, good public & donor relations.
- Capability and willingness to take responsibility.
- Proficiency in written and spoken English and Swahili.
- Good interpersonal, organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to maintain performance expectations in diverse cultural contexts, stressful environments and physical hardship conditions with limited resources.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, database applications and other related applications in children in Ministry
- Good analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to travel within country, regional and internationally.
- Ability to train others
Preferred Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- Good interpersonal, organizational and management skills
- The position holder must be a result orientated leader who can manage and satisfy multiple, donor and other stakeholder demands.
- Excellent understanding of Sponsorship business processes
- Demonstrated training, facilitation, mobilization and coordination skills at both community and organization level
You will be required to produce a current (within 3 months) Original Police Clearance Certificate or waiting receipt during interview In case you are shortlisted
CLICK HERE for more information on the job and application procedure and submit your online application including a detailed CV, current and expected salary, with names of three referees.
Current Police Clearance Certificate or proof of application for the same will be required during interviews.
Application deadline is October 28, 2020 at midnight.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
World Vision is a child focused organization and upholds the rights and wellbeing of children.
Our recruitment and selection procedures include screening and background checking for child abuse related offenses.
World Vision is an equal opportunity employer.
World Vision does not use employment agencies nor does it charge money for recruitment, interviews, or medical checks.
More information about vacancies can be found on our official careers page https://careers.wvi.org/.