World Vision Kenya is a leading Christian relief, development and advocacy organisation dedicated to working with children, families and communities to overcome poverty and injustice.
Our programmes are spread across in most parts of Kenya.
We are seeking highly competent and outstanding individuals to fill the following position to be based in Nairobi.
Job Title: Project Manager – Coast and Northern Kenya Integrated Emergency Response Project (KIERP)
Reporting to: Cluster Manager
Grade Level: 14
Work Location: Wajir
Purpose of Position: To provide programmatic and technical management support in the implementation of the Coast and Northern Kenya Integrated Emergency Response Project (KIERP). The position holder will ensure the effective and efficient implementation of activities directly related to providing lifesaving WASH, nutrition, Livelihood & Economic recovery and Multi-Purpose Cash Assistance interventions to disaster affected people in Mandera and Wajir Counties.
To effectively communicate World Vision’s Christian ethos and demonstrate a quality of spiritual life that serves as an example to others.
Project Management 40%
- Ensure proper planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of the emergency Response project interventions in the project areas.
- Provide technical support and leadership to Project Officers and drivers to enable them effectively guide and support response interventions in the Counties.
- Ensure all project interventions are implemented within schedule, plans and budgets and regularly review project status.
- Ensure that the emergency response interventions are integrated with other projects in the programme
- Ensure identification of local needs and resources and take appropriate programming measures.
- Mainstream cross-cutting issues (gender, CC, environment, advocacy, disability, child protection) in emergency and rehabilitation programs/projects
- Establish operational priorities and monitor performance targets for the respective field project staff
- Ensure that project initiatives meet or exceed planned outcomes and are implemented in full compliance with WVK, the donor and other relevant partnership and international standards and guidelines;
Design Monitoring, Reporting and Evaluation 25%
- Lead in the development of the project design and ensure compliance with WVK and donor guidelines and standards.
- Ensure timely and effective implementation of all project interventions as well as the successful achievement of proposed outcomes and intended impacts.
- Ensure timely and appropriate utilization of the budgeted project resources.
- Ensure proper application of business processes, standards and guidelines related to the project in accordance with the donor requirements.
- Ensure that the project achieves acceptable financial and operational audit results by implementing activities in accordance with established norm and policies.
- Ensure that all the activities are implemented and evaluated in accordance with the WVK and donor standards.
- Support the project officers to set up and maintain effective complaints and feedback mechanisms to ensure that beneficiary concerns are addressed in a timely and effective manner.
- Ensure that an effective and participatory and effective M&E system is established in a decentralized manner
- Ensure that, in general, project monitoring arrangements comply with the project agreement and, in particular, the provisions of this agreement are fully observed in the design of project M&E.
- Ensure quality monthly, quarterly, semi annual and annual reports are compiled and submitted in a timely manner in line with the donor requirements.
Capacity Building 15%
- Identification and sharing of capacity building gaps among project staff, communities and partners.
- Lead the project in capacity building initiatives for staff, communities and partners to enable them effectively advocate for and implement project interventions.
- Ensure ongoing coaching and mentoring of project staff in order to ensure that they are able to perform and achieve the desired results.
Engagement and Networking 10%
- Ensure adequate representation with the donor, the Government of Kenya officials (National and County), private sector, Civil Society Groups, including Faith-Based Groups.
- Ensure close working collaboration with key Government line ministries and other like-minded partners.
Resource Mobilization 5%
- Map resource mobilization opportunities at local level and develop concepts and proposals in collaboration with Regional and National office teams.
- Perform any other duty as may be assigned by supervisor or designee from time to time
- Participate and contribute in committees and task forces as may be required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Must have a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in either Development studies, Social work, Anthropology, Project Planning and Management, Disaster Management, Nutrition, Agriculture, Water Sanitation and Hygiene or a closely related field from a recognized University with relevant experience working on emergencies.
- Must have a minimum of five years’ experience with regards to the designing, planning, and implementation; supervising and reporting on integrated development relief and/or advocacy project.
- Experience in working on donor funded programs and experience with USAID/BHA donor funded projects is an added advantage.
- Experience supporting strategic programme development including successful proposal development for humanitarian donors
- Strong evidence of good interpersonal and communication skills
- Budgetary and financial management skills
- Highly flexible and organized, able to manage multiple, simultaneous demands and willing to take on new tasks on an ad hoc basis
- Ability to work both on own initiative and as part of a team in a high-pressure environment while adhering to deadlines
- Proficient in written and spoken Kiswahili and English.
- Notable experience of deployment in response to rapid and slow onset emergencies, including in a programme lead role
You will be required to produce a current (within 3 months) Original Police Clearance Certificate or waiting receipt during interview In case you are shortlisted
CLICK HERE for more information on the job and application procedure and submit your online application including a detailed CV, current and expected salary, with names of three referees.
Current Police Clearance Certificate or proof of application for the same will be required during interviews.
Application deadline is November 01, 2020 at midnight.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
World Vision is a child focused organization and upholds the rights and wellbeing of children.
Our recruitment and selection procedures include screening and background checking for child abuse related offenses.
World Vision is an equal opportunity employer.
World Vision does not use employment agencies nor does it charge money for recruitment, interviews, or medical checks.
More information about vacancies can be found on our official careers page https://careers.wvi.org/.