World Vision Kenya is a leading Christian relief, development and advocacy organisation dedicated to working with children, families and communities to overcome poverty and injustice.
Our programmes are spread across in most parts of Kenya.
We are seeking highly competent and outstanding individuals to fill the following position to be based in Nairobi.
Job Title: Project Officer – Livelihood and Resilience
Reporting to: Project Manager
Grade Level: 12
Work Location: Various locations (Kilifi, Tanariver, Garissa, Mandera & Wajir)
Purpose of Position: Provide technical support and guide the implementation of livelihoods and resilience interventions in the KIERP project to be implemented in Wajir, Tana River, Kilifi, Garissa and Mandera Counties.
The L&R Officer will ensure the effective and efficient implementation of activities directly related cash and voucher-based programs, climate smart crop and livestock production and marketing and Savings for Transformation in the respective county.
Project Planning and Implementation 25%
- Ensure that business processes, standards and guidelines related to Livelihood & resilience initiatives are effectively applied on a timely manner in project implementation including integration of cross cutting themes.
- Participate in the preparation of overall and activity work plans and budgets for technical L&R county specific activities
- Be able to systemically review DIP/budget and other key implementation tools and initiate innovative approaches that will open new frontiers for L&R in emergency learning.
- Coordinates L&R value chain for economic empowerment & sustainable interventions.
- Coordinate as applicable sector integration interventions for ensuring integrated L&R implementation.
Technical support 25%
- Provide technical support and timely feedback to the Project Manager on L&R interventions outlined in the emergency response project.
- Identify other opportunities in an ongoing manner that will add value to the overarching goal of the project.
- Provide overall L&R site management in strict adherence to the approved designs, standards and guidelines.
- In consultation with the County Government, conduct feasibility studies, design and prepare tender documents (including bills of quantities, technical specifications and terms of reference) and technical guidance to the program during tendering process for irrigation infrastructure and supervise the rehabilitation works
- Ensure child safeguarding and integration of Child Sponsorship Management and in L&R interventions where relevant.
Quality Assurance – M &E, Reporting and Documentation 20%
- Supervise and Monitor L&R interventions in strict adherence to WV Kenya, Kenya government regulations, WHO and the SPHERE standards.
- Supporting Project Quality Assurance (PQA) through organizing and supporting monitoring visits on L&R interventions in coordination with the relevant stakeholders
- Development of Project Designs and Annual Operation Plans. (4D matrices, DIPs, Annual Budgets).
- Ensure budgetary utilization is within acceptable limits/range.
- Make technical input and support the planning, design and execution of project specific operational researches, including baseline and end line evaluation, market assessments, post distribution monitoring related to L&R.
- Contextualize and use reporting guidelines to track and develop quality weekly updates, situational reports, monthly, quarterly, semi-annual, annual and end of projects reports, key lessons and success stories in accordance with BHA and WV Kenya requirements.
- Facilitate regular L&R review meetings with government, target communities and staff
- Ensures participatory monthly data collection are conducted (involving communities and partners) using the standardized tools
- Supervise and ensure successful and quality completion of L&R irrigation infrastructure construction works as per the set guidelines and standards
- Document and disseminate best practices/approaches/models on L&R Interventions and other meetings in field level as may be required to facilitate adoption in the course of the project implementation
Advocacy, Engagement, Partnership and Networking 10%
- Ensure representation of WV Kenya in key L&R stakeholder forum/meetings at the Ward, Sub-County and County levels.
- Actively participate in County level technical working groups on L&R relevant to policy forums.
- Work closely with relevant authorities and communities to facilitate community education on Laws, Policies and Standards on L&R Service delivery and ensure all L&R interventions in the communities are in alignment with L&R in emergency Standards
- Provide support to community led processes of monitoring public service delivery.
- Ensure communities are mobilized and participate in their L&R interventions
- Together with partners, conduct regular reflection and learning events
- Mobilise, equip and empower the Church, other faith groups and Community based organization to integrate empowered World development in Livelihood interventions
Capacity building 10%
- Mobilize and sensitize community for empowerment & sustainability
- Build capacity of communities and partners on integration for effective delivery, synergy & community based monitoring for sustainability.
- Take a lead in building Project staff and community capacities in food security & economic empowerment sector interventions through trainings and other information sharing avenues to handle project activities effectively
- Build capacity of field staff and partners (CBOs and Farmer groups) on L&R interventions, Crop & Livestock production and management, Climate Smart Agriculture, Integrated Pest Management (IPM), Agri-business, Micro-irrigation, Apiculture, Pasture Production and Management, Credit and Saving to enable them effectively intervene in food security & economic empowerment appropriately
- Work together with other staff/ to ensure that key trainings meets the standard required to facilitate, provide knowledge and reinforcement of desired L&R behaviour and practices
Resources Acquisition 5%
- Contribute timely and accurate funding proposals development in line with donor requirements and WVK standards in collaboration with Project Manager, other sector specialists through provision of information & data and review in collaboration with AP Managers and other sector specialists.
- Mobilize the community for community contribution for project interventions
- Perform any other duty as may be assigned by supervisor or designee from time to time
- Participate and contribute in committees and task forces as may be required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Minimum of a Bachelor Degree in Agriculture/Agricultural Economics/Forestry/ Environmental Education/Agricultural engineering or a closely related field from a recognized university. Food Security/ED /Environment
- Minimum two years of work experience in food security, emergency response and related sectors including cash and voucher programming.
- Good understanding of SPHERE and other international standards.
- Ability to conduct community L&R needs assessment, program planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of L&R interventions
- Excellent English communication skills (both oral and written).
- A team player, capable of building staff and community capacity in L&R sector through training.
- Ability to take initiative, a team leader able to work with minimum supervision
- Cross-cultural sensitivity and emotional maturity
- Ability to maintain performance expectations in diverse cultural contexts
You will be required to produce a current (within 3 months) Original Police Clearance Certificate or waiting receipt during interview In case you are shortlisted
CLICK HERE for more information on the job and application procedure and submit your online application including a detailed CV, current and expected salary, with names of three referees.
Current Police Clearance Certificate or proof of application for the same will be required during interviews.
Application deadline is November 01, 2020 at midnight.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
World Vision is a child focused organization and upholds the rights and wellbeing of children.
Our recruitment and selection procedures include screening and background checking for child abuse related offenses.
World Vision is an equal opportunity employer.
World Vision does not use employment agencies nor does it charge money for recruitment, interviews, or medical checks.
More information about vacancies can be found on our official careers page https://careers.wvi.org/.