World Vision Kenya is a leading Christian relief, development and advocacy organisation dedicated to working with children, families and communities to overcome poverty and injustice.
Our programmes are spread across in most parts of Kenya.
We are seeking highly competent and outstanding individuals to fill the following position to be based in Kenya.
Job Title: Project Officer – Nutrition
Reporting to: Project Manager
Grade Level: 12
Work Location: Various locations (Kilifi, Tanariver, Garissa, & Wajir)
Purpose of Position: Provide technical support and guide the implementation of nutrition interventions in the KIERP project to be implemented in Wajir, Tana River, Kilifi, Garissa and Mandera Counties.
The Nutrition Officer will ensure the effective and efficient implementation of activities directly related to Integrated Management of Acute Malnutrition, Infant and Young Child Nutrition, Baby friendly community initiative and capacity building of health workers and community health volunteers in the respective county.
Project Planning and Implementation 40%
- Ensure all affected children, pregnant and lactating women are identified, admitted and discharged from emergency nutrition programs as per national Integrated Management of Acute Malnutrition(IMAM) guidelines and Maternal Infant and Young Child Nutrition (IYCN) guidelines
- In liaison with Ministry of Health organize and coordinate integrated outreaches in hard to reach areas to increase access to nutrition services
- Work closely with community Health volunteers to mobilize communities to participate in nutrition project interventions
- Conduct training and sensitization of health facility staff and Community Health Volunteers on IMAM, IYCF, ICCM and micronutrients supplementation
- Support the Sub-County and county nutrition officers) to make timely requests and quality reporting nutrition commodities to ensure there are no stocks out.
- In liaison with project accountant ensure monthly tracking of project expenditure and manage work plans and budgets
Quality Assurance – M &E, Reporting and Documentation 20%
- Develop quality reports: weekly situation reports, monthly reports and quarterly reports as per WV and/donor(s) reporting guidelines
- In liaison with other project partners and MoH develop monitoring plan, analyze nutrition information from health information system and other sources to understand trends for timely decision making
- Document success stories, and best practices to demonstrate the impact created by WVK from the project implementation
Advocacy, Engagement, Partnership and Networking 10%
- Ensure representation of WV Kenya in key nutrition stakeholder forum/meetings at the Ward, Sub-County and County levels.
- Actively participate in County level technical working groups on nutrition relevant to policy forum.
- Collaborate with relevant ministries and other relevant partners at the County and community levels to ensure integration and high level implementation of all nutrition activities.
- Engaging with MoH as Sub-County or county level to influence resource allocation nutrition
- Provide support to community led processes of monitoring public service delivery.
Capacity building 10%
- Ensure that key trainings meet the standard required to facilitate, provide knowledge and reinforcement of desired nutrition behaviour and practices.
- Ensure capacity Building of government community and CBOs be able to effectively manage and sustain Health and Nutrition interventions.
Resources Acquisition 5%
- Support development of technically sound funding proposals through provision of information & data to inform fund raising initiatives for health and nutrition, education, gender, child protection and disability at all levels
- Perform any other duty as may be assigned by supervisor or designee from time to time
- Participate and contribute in committees and task forces as may be required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Minimum of Bachelor degree in Nutrition or their equivalent.
- At least three years working experience of which two should be in a maternal, newborn and child health/nutrition interventions.
- MUST be registered with relevant health associations such e.g. Kenya Nutritionists and Dieticians Institute. Effective in written and verbal communication in English
- Good understanding of Ministry of health systems, Health and Nutrition programming models, standards and guidelines, Ministries of Health structures at county and national levels
- Familiarity of national Health and Nutrition policy and advocacy instruments and structures
- First-hand experience in health and Nutrition programming including in complex emergencies
- Experience in conducting health and nutrition surveys using Lot Quality Assurance Survey (LQAS), Open Data Kit or ENA-SMART methodologies is an added advantage.
- Significant experience working with an NGO environment, community and people’s groups, state institutions etc.
- Good understanding of SPHERE and other international standards.
- Excellent English communication skills (both oral and written).
- Excellent computer skills, including proficiency in MS Office and Microsoft Outlook
- Ability to take initiative, a team leader able to work with minimum supervision
- Cross-cultural sensitivity and emotional maturity
- Ability to maintain performance expectations in diverse cultural contexts
You will be required to produce a current (within 3 months) Original Police Clearance Certificate or waiting receipt during interview In case you are shortlisted
CLICK HERE for more information on the job and application procedure and submit your online application including a detailed CV, current and expected salary, with names of three referees.
Current Police Clearance Certificate or proof of application for the same will be required during interviews.
Application deadline is November 01, 2020 at midnight.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
World Vision is a child focused organization and upholds the rights and wellbeing of children.
Our recruitment and selection procedures include screening and background checking for child abuse related offenses.
World Vision is an equal opportunity employer.
World Vision does not use employment agencies nor does it charge money for recruitment, interviews, or medical checks.
More information about vacancies can be found on our official careers page https://careers.wvi.org/.