World Vision Kenya is a leading Christian relief, development and advocacy organisation dedicated to working with children, families and communities to overcome poverty and injustice.
Our programmes are spread across in most parts of Kenya.
We are seeking highly competent and outstanding individuals to fill the following position to be based in Nairobi.
Job Title: Regional People & Culture Business Partner
Reporting to: Regional Managers
Grade Level: 13
Work Location: Nairobi and Elgeyo Marakwet
Purpose of Position: To offer P&C business partnering support to the Regional Office and Programs to achieve shared organizational objectives in particular to cascade P & C processes and value added services to field operations..
People and Culture Information System and Employee Records management 20%
- Ensure updated employee records are maintained within the region and programs and with utmost confidentiality
- Facilitate new starters to complete and forward to National Office all their duly signed employment records.
- Facilitate creation of personal files for all new starters and ensure that all documentation are in order
- Capacity-build staff & managers on use of OP including implementation of new modules
- Assist in trouble shooting Our People system challenges for regional and Program staff
- Maintain and update Our People on any employee changes/movements
- Analyze regional absence requests on a monthly basis and alert managers on pending approvals
- Support people managers to ensure adherence to annual leave plans
- Ensure up to date personnel information for all the regional staffs on the OP system
- Run monthly management reports from OurPeople for management advice
- Carry out data clean up at regular intervals to ensure data consistency
Recruitment & Selection and Contract management 20%
- Partner with hiring managers within the region in identification of staffing gaps
- Coordinate recruitment for staff recruited at the Region and Program Level for GLs below 12(local adverts, shortlisting, interviewing, background checks and pre-employment medical check-up) within the turnaround time.
- Ensure all staff including interns, volunteers, casuals, incentive workers etc hired in the region are screened in accordance to the WV Policies
- Coordinate the placement of attaches in the region
- Collaborate with hiring manager and the National Office recruiters to ensure timely processing of staff appointments, contract renewals, non-renewals and contract extensions.
- Track contract expiry dates of the staff at the region, and follow up with Program Managers on renewal/non renewals
- Maintain a database of potential employees at the Region and possible replacements especially of field recruits.
- Provide P& C support for exiting staff and manage employee exit processes (clearance, handover etc) and ensure compliance to WVK Polices
- Coordinate and guide management on staff transitions during program/project phase outs and ensure all applicable policies and procedures are adhered to.
Staff Onboarding, Performance management and People engagement 15%
- Co-ordinate and conduct orientation of the new staff recruited at the Region and program level.
- Ensure staff are enrolled into WVK Systems eg payroll, lotus notes, WV central and WVK Staff benefits and understand the related processes
- Facilitate probation reviews and confirmation of staff within acceptable and set timelines
- Support and build the capacity of the managers on performance management and respond to related queries
- Liaise with the people managers in the regions to ensure timely implementation of performance management cycle including performance planning, reviews and appraisals.
- Support staff to undertake learning and development initiatives to build capacity and for staff enhanced competence.
- Support change management projects/initiatives within the region as required
- Organize in liaison with Programs team building initiatives to spur performance
Compensation & Benefits and Staff care 15%
- Ensure all new staff are enrolled to the WVKs compensations and benefits programs
- Report on medical/ and hospital admission cases for staff within the region
- Coordinate psychosocial support and peer support for staff within the region
- Report and facilitate documentation for accidents and incidences for WIBA and GPA claims
- Educate managers and staff on self-care, entitlements and ensure a culture where people feel valued
- Plan health audits and benefits fairs to monitor staff wellbeing and liaise with relevant stakeholders to ensure staff concerns are addressed
- Identify cases for and coordinate the critical incident debriefing for staff that have undergone stress and/or trauma and provide appropriate referral services
- Advise Program managers on related compensation polices eg. insurance covers for community members to enable timely procurement ahead of their engagement
People and Culture support to the regions 15%
- Provide P & C support to the regional managers, Program Managers and all staff in the designated areas.
- Advise the Regional and Program Managers to ensure adherence to the HR manual and labor laws in making any staff related decisions
- Support in the rollout and implementation of P&C initiatives at the regional level
People & Culture reports and Metrics 5%
- Prepare and submit of Monthly reports for information and update
- Provide P&C analytics to advice on trends and areas of improvement in the respective programs.
- Conduct periodical Program visits for P&C related support.
Collaboration & Networks 5%
- Coordinate and participate in roll out and implementation of P & C initiatives
- Participate in committees and taskforces, as assigned
Other duties 5%
- Participate in the devotional life of the organization
- Other duties as assigned by the Supervisor or designee from time to time
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Must have a university degree in Human Resource Management or related
- A professional diploma in Human Resources Management is required if the first degree is not in HRM
- Must be a member of a recognized human resources professional
- A minimum of three years’ experience in human resources
- Experienced in recruiting, interviewing and conducting job evaluations.
- Have knowledge of HR Information system
- Proficiency in computer applications.
- Experienced in cross-cultural environment.
- Must be conversant with the local and international labor legislations
- Must demonstrate ability to handle multiple and conflicting priorities, and work under strict deadlines;
- Must have high standards of integrity and ethical practice;
- Must have ability to accurately plan work assignments, prioritize tasks and deliver deadlines;
- Should be an effective communicator with the ability to handle both internal and external communication;
- Should demonstrate ability to support the identification and response to risk areas within the department;
- Should be an effective team player and able to collaborate well with other departments
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, e.g. Excel and Word.
You will be required to produce a current (within 3 months) Original Police Clearance Certificate or waiting receipt during interview In case you are shortlisted
CLICK HERE for more information on the job and application procedure and submit your online application including a detailed CV, current and expected salary, with names of three referees.
Current Police Clearance Certificate or proof of application for the same will be required during interviews.
Application deadline is November 01, 2020 at midnight.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
World Vision is a child focused organization and upholds the rights and wellbeing of children.
Our recruitment and selection procedures include screening and background checking for child abuse related offenses.
World Vision is an equal opportunity employer.
World Vision does not use employment agencies nor does it charge money for recruitment, interviews, or medical checks.
More information about vacancies can be found on our official careers page https://careers.wvi.org/.