Aga Khan Hospital, Kisumu
Career Opportunity: Head of Facility
The Aga Khan Hospital, Kisumu is an institution of the Aga Khan Health Service, Kenya, which is an Agency of the Aga Khan Development Network.
The hospital is part of a network of health facilities, which includes Hospitals and Outreach Health Facilities across East Africa.
The Aga Khan Hospital is in an exciting growth phase and has attained acknowledgement of its quality by achieving ISO 9001:2015 certification, ISO 15189:2012 accreditation for laboratory services, SafeCare level 5 accreditation and is at advanced stage of attaining Joint Commission International Accreditation.
The Aga Khan Hospital, Kisumu has outreach Health Services at Kisii, Kakamega, Kitale, Bungoma, Kericho, Kibuye-Kisumu, West End- Kisumu, Busia, Homa – Bay, Kapsabet, Migori, Bomet and Narok.
The hospital is seeking to attract interested and qualified applicants to fill the position listed below:
Head of Facility
Vacancy no: AKHK/MHF/001
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the successful candidate will be responsible for the effective implementation of the strategic objectives of the hospital, through short and long range planning for the entire facilities, equipment’s, processes and other resources needed to support new hospital programs and initiative as envisaged in the strategic plan 2018-2022
- Ensuring optimal functioning of building systems including mechanical, fire/life safety and environmental by maintaining existing property, facilities, equipment, roadways, ground, power plants, and other physical resources used by the hospital staff, visitors and patients.
- Formulate and arrange plans to update facilities systems and reducing operating costs
- Direct effective management of human resources in the department
- Maintain effective leadership team and inter-departmental relations
- Contribute to the formulation of the budget, monitor financial performance, identify and implement strategies to control costs and meet established productivity and quality standards
- Maintains efficient and effective department operations while ensuring compliance with the regulatory laws, standards and protocols
- Oversee regular inspection of facilities for repair and maintenance purposes, planning of work required and estimates of material costs and man hours required.
- Champion Climate Change Initiative in liaison with other departmental heads to improve the environmental responsibility of AKHK and Cluster
- Administers and monitors service contracts to ensure work is properly performed
- Maintains ongoing relationships with all department to keep abreast of their service needs and to be able to anticipate problems before they become crisis situations.
- Supervises and trains hospital staff in the approved practices and procedures of proper facility maintenance and in the implementation and observance of all approved safety procedures to ensure compliance with existing safety regulations.
- Lead the Environment Of Care (EOC) committee, develop policies and standard operating procedures in line with the Terms Of Reference set out for the committee
- Be the client representative in construction projects for MEP (Mechanical, Electrical and Plumbing) related aspects.
- Master’s in science (MSc) in either Civil Engineering, Electrical Technology, Properties and Facilities management, Building Construction and Maintenance or architecture. Or
- Bachelor’s in science Degree in any of the field above will be considered with a minimum of five years of experience in similar role
- Project Management Certification in either PMP or Prince 2 is an added advantage
- Be in possession of a practicing license in any of the above fields and a member of a recognized professional association.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite.
- Knowledge of the techniques, procedures and processes used for the efficient operation of building services and construction practices.
- Analytical and effective communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to plan strategically (long and short range) and implement those plans
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate with senior organizational leaders and developing and maintaining relationships with higher management, peers and subordinates and skilled in resolving conflicts and gaining cooperation with others.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively work with customers to meet identified needs and to cooperatively resolve issues and implement solutions
- Demonstrated ability to manage for results in key areas such as clinical quality, service excellence, facility management, people management and financial management.
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to change
- Demonstrated ability to work in interdisciplinary team for the benefit of the Hospital as a whole
- Demonstrated ability to control limited healthcare resources by effectively managing AKHS human, financial, technological and other key resources
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple and conflicting priorities, stressors, deadlines, difficult situations and/or customers effectively
Interested candidates are requested to email their application letter and detailed curriculum vitae with position title and vacancy number on the subject line, including names and contacts of three references, current and expected remuneration to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 13th November 2020.
Canvassing of any nature will lead to automatic disqualification.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Please note that Aga Khan Hospital Kisumu does not charge any fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview, medical examination or any fee)
“Aga Khan Hospital Kisumu is an equal opportunity employer”