Vacancy Announcement: Laboratory Technologist
The African Population and Health Research Center (APHRC) is an African-led and Africa-based international research institute committed to conducting high quality and policy relevant multidisciplinary research.
Our research addresses important development issues and challenges facing sub-Saharan Africa in areas such as education, population, health, aging, urbanization and wellbeing.
Our goal is to generate evidence for meaningful action, engage with policy makers in the region to disseminate our research findings, influence policy decisions, and improve the quality of life in Africa.
The APHRC seeks to recruit a Laboratory Technologist to work in the Health and Systems for Health (HSH) Unit within the Research Division for the “Surveillance and Epidemiological Evaluation of COVID-19 in Kenya (SEECK)” project.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Recruiting, preparing study participants and collecting specimen from study participants
- Receiving and scrutinizing laboratory requisition forms/specimens
- Labelling and registering specimens
- Processing specimen according to specified standard operating procedures (SOP)
- Storing blood products according to standard requirements including cold chain maintenance
- Observing laboratory safety procedures
1. A Diploma in Medical Laboratory Science from an institution recognized by the Kenya Medical Laboratory Technician and Technologists Board (KMLLTB)
2. Registration certificate and a valid practicing license issued by the KMLTTB
3. Proven experience drawing paediatric blood samples
4. Proficiency in Computer packages e.g. Ms Word, Excel etc
5. Fluent in English and Kiswahili (verbal and written)
6. Excellent communication, interpersonal and report writing skills
Potential candidates are invited to submit a cover letter together with a CV containing contact details of three referees. Applications should be submitted as attachments via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org by 4th December, 2020.
Please indicate ‘Lab Tech_SEECK_Nov2020’ on the subject line of the email.
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
PLEASE NOTE: APPLICANTS ARE NOT REQUIRED TO MAKE ANY PAYMENTS TO ANYONE DURING ANY STAGE OF THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS.
APHRC and Flexi Personnel are equal opportunity employers and are committed to the protection of persons at risk.