Kenya Industrial Estates is a Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises support institution established in 1967 with the mandate of promoting industrialization through indigenous enterprise development in the country.
The company plans to fill the following position with a view to effectively discharge on its mandate: –
Job Title: Assistant Manager – Industrial Estates Development & Incubation Services (IEDIS)
Direct Reports to:- Managing Director
Job Purpose: –
a) The position is responsible for ensuring the company achieve the Company’s Mandate of offering Incubation services and workspace as well as ensuring the work environment for the company staff and clients is safe.
b) The incumbent will coordinate and manage all the projects within the institution. This will include management of on-going projects undertaken by external consultants as well as the architectural designs undertaken in-house.
Duties and Responsibilities: –
- Prepare / Review IEDIS policies and procedures;
- Ensure prudent and diligent acquisition of industrial plots;
- Prepare project briefs and concept designs in consultation with the users;
- Prepare cost estimates and projects feasibilities;
- Project management of both minor and major in house designs and supervisor of all ongoing projects within the institution
- Liaise with Architects to ensure timely and prudent preparation of designs & sheds for new building extensions and renovations
- Ensure timely collection of rent and mortgage loans
- Spearhead supervision of building constructions, renovations and proper maintenance for all the KIE buildings other related company assets
- Ensure proper maintenance of all the KIE buildings and provision of essential facilities i.e. Electricity, water, sewage and road services
- Ensure timely preparation of feasibility studies and linking incubates to the newly constructed sheds.
Requirements for Appointment:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Architecture, Mechanical, Civil Engineering or Building Construction Economics or any other relevant degree from a recognized institution;
- Professional Qualifications/Membership to professional bodies and practicing certificate;
- Proficiency in computer applications;
- The candidate should have evidence based experience of managing site works through all architectural stages and designs;
- Work experience of up to 5 years progressively with reputable organizations, with Three (3) years at a responsible or management position;
- Shown merit and ability as reflected in work performance and results.
- Fulfilled the provision of Chapter Six of the Constitution
How to Apply:-
Those employees who meet the job requirements as detailed in the advert are encouraged to apply.
Applications must be accompanied by current curriculum vitae, giving details of educational and professional qualifications and indicate their current and expected salaries to the undersigned.
In addition, all applicants Must download and fill Form 1A HERE and forward them to firstname.lastname@example.org email.
The applications should be received not later than 24th November, 2020.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
NB: KIE is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and committed to diversity and Gender Equity.
Kenya Industrial Estates Ltd,
P.O. Box 78029-00507,