Our client, an international company with offices in United Arabs Emirates, South Africa, Somalia and Kenya, Aviation industry – Aircraft rescue and firefighting- seeks to recruit an Aviation Fire Fighter who will be responsible for all issues related to aviation fire safety.
The Firefighter will be responsible for fire suppression, fire inspection, vehicle and fire station maintenance, hazardous material response, rescue operations and emergency medical services.
Job Title: Aviation Fire Fighter
Career Level: Mid-Senior level
Qualification: Higher National Diploma
Location: Nairobi, Johannesburg and Mogadishu
Experience: 12 years
Number of Positions: Three (3)
The Fire Fighter will:
- Respond to alarms as a member of a Fire Fighting Unit, and performs a variety of firefighting functions, as the situation demands.
- Compile data for risk assessment
- Operates and performs maintenance checks on all Fire Department vehicles and equipment.
- Respond as a member of a medical team to bring basic or advanced emergency medical care to the citizens of the community.
- Prepare written reports and maintain records under the supervision of the aviation fire safety officer.
- Participate in daily training exercises and classroom lectures.
- Conduct fire inspections in various occupancies in the village.
- Perform duties as a Fire Apparatus Driver and Pump Operator, when assigned.
- Responsible for cleanliness of the station and maintenance of apparatus, tools, equipment, and all other fire department property.
- Any other related tasks as may be required or assigned by the supervisor.
- High school diploma or equivalent technical or vocational certificate;
- Certificate from a Fire College, Fire Brigade School, Fire Training Centre or similar for the position of at least firefighter is required
- Certificate from a Fire College, Fire Brigade School, Fire Training Centre or similar for the position of at least as pump operator and driver is required
- Certified Advanced Life Support
- Heavy Goods Vehicle Driving License
Work Experience (for already trained)
- A minimum of 10 years with a high school diploma of progressively responsible experience in public fire service is required;
- For the position advertised, fluency in oral and written English required.
Our client is an Equal opportunity employer and qualified applicants to send their applications, CV, certificates and cover letter to the email address: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org to reach us by 1700hrs 22nd November, 2020.
- The Job title should be the subject of the email
- Include daytime telephone number