Job Title: Backup & Storage Systems Trainee
Duration: 3 months with a further extension of 3 months where necessary
Job Summary: Our Client is seeking to recruit a technical trainee who is expected to learn the company’s functions and operations and implement the company growth strategies. The trainee is expected to understand Operating Systems, file systems, Networks, and Virtual infrastructures.
He or she will maintain open and efficient communication channels with the supervisor for the smooth operation of business activities.
- Ensure enterprise scalability and performance for storage and backup environments through proactive capacity planning, performance control, and configuration adjustment
- Help managers complete technical daily tasks
- Analyze and report on system performance
- Optimize data backup and storage systems
- Support the efficient promotion of differentiating the company’s value propositions through sales engagement and partner training
- Supporting the sales team in presentation and demonstration of value to prospective and existing clients
- Maintain and develop knowledge of the Company’s services portfolio through vendor and third-party partners have taken to market via the reseller channel
- Maintain appropriate vendor certifications and accreditation in line with vendor programs
- Maintain knowledge of vendors pricing and channel support tools
- Install, maintain, and upgrade data storage and backup hardware and software.
- Maintain documentation of configuration, operation and troubleshooting procedures, and service records for data storage and backup hardware and software.
- Troubleshooting in the event of errors and backup problems, and to resolve and analyze the root causes.
- Proactively notify customers of failed backup work so that errors can be corrected quickly.
- Communicate with hardware and software representatives, as well as other internal teams, to diagnose and resolve errors with root causes.
- Participate in the assessment of new requirements, design, and technical standards.
- Respond to user requests and service requests
- Provide training to users of the data storage system.
- Participating in the company’s strategic planning and change management process.
- Daily administrative tasks, reporting, and communication with the relevant departments in the organization.
- Adhere to company policies and procedures
- Any other duties assigned
Experience, qualifications, skills required:
- A degree in BBIT, Computer Science, IT, Systems Engineering, or a related qualification.
- KCSE minimum entry requirements B- and above
- Autonomy and proactivity, requiring limited supervision.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a highly dynamic environment with a proactive attitude.
- Focused on attention to detail, quality, service, and results.
- Must have had hands-on training on incident detection, incident response, and forensics.
- Ability to multitask and work under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong attention to detail with an analytical mind and outstanding problem-solving skills.
- Certification, Knowledge & Professional Training
- CompTIA Network+ (or equivalent)
- Cisco Certified Network Associate CCNA (added advantage)
- Windows Servers & Linux Operating Systems
- Windows Hyper-V and VMWare Virtual infrastructure
To apply, send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5th December 2020.
NB: Flexi Personnel does not charge candidates for jobs placement