Kenya Industrial Estates is a Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises support institution established in 1967 with the mandate of promoting industrialization through indigenous enterprise development in the country.
The company plans to fill the following position with a view to effectively discharge on its mandate: –
Job Title: Manager, Business Advisory Services
Direct Reports to:- Managing Director
a) This is a position responsible for the overall leadership of the trainings, consultancy, business linkages function within the institution;
b) To promote and sustain a sound investment Management discipline within and outside the institution;
c) To represent the Business advisory services function to the Board and ensure that there are effective standards and internal controls, policies and procedures, systems and a Business Advisory Services management framework that supports business sustainability and continuity as well as ensuring compliance with various regulatory standards;
d) To anticipate and proactively ensure management of Business Advisory Services, operations, information security and regulatory compliance.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Spearhead and direct the Business Advisory Services team into Research, Training and Consultancy in order to achieve strategic goals of the company;
- Carry out business profiling and resource mapping;
- Initiate collaborations and partnerships in the support of MSMI’s.
- Entrepreneurship training;
- Provision of consultancy services;
- Provision of market access services to MSMI’s;
- Establishment of information centres;
- Provision of Business Information Services;
- Facilitate technology transfer;
- Establish and facilitate subcontracting and linkages
- Implement the Business Advisory Services Management Policy and ensure that its management governance structures are fully functional;
- Ensure issuance of monthly,quarterly reports on Business Advisory Services. This shall automatically trigger status of the company performance;
- Embed operational Business Advisory Services practices into business activities and support it with appropriate training and awareness for quality company business;
- Conduct periodical review on BAS administration procedures to streamline workflow
- Advise on Business Advisory Services issues and prepare reports for the Board to assist in decision making.
Requirements for Appointment
- Degree in any Business related fields e.g. (Business, Finance, Banking & Accounting or any other relevant field;
- Master’s Degree in the relevant fields will be an added advantage;
- A certified Member of a Professional body;
- A minimum of Seven (7) years of relevant experience with three (3) years in a responsible / management role and shown merit and ability as reflected in his/her work performance and results;
- A good understanding of business lending products from the financial services Industry;
- Experience and an understanding in Consultancy and Training;
- Fulfilled the provision of chapter six of the constitution;
- Exposure to demanding operational environments, ability to gain insight into the most effective Business management applications and key points for;
- Gathering data for use in review of Business Advisory Services Policies by monitoring reports
- Performance of administrative duties
- Monitoring of the Branch performance in training and consultancy roles;
- Fulfilled the provision of chapter six of the constitution.
How to Apply:-
Those employees who meet the job requirements as detailed in the advert are encouraged to apply.
Applications must be accompanied by current curriculum vitae, giving details of educational and professional qualifications and indicate their current and expected salaries to the undersigned.
In addition, all applicants Must download and fill Form 1A HERE and forward them to firstname.lastname@example.org email.
The applications should be received not later than 24th November, 2020.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
NB: KIE is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and committed to diversity and Gender Equity.
Kenya Industrial Estates Ltd,
P.O. Box 78029-00507,