Director, Capacity Development, Innovations and Partnerships
Job Grade ICTA 2
The ICT Authority has contracted Africa Management Solutions Limited (Amsol) to undertake the recruitment of Director, Innovation, Partnerships and Capacity Development on behalf of the Authority.
The Information and Communication Technology Authority (ICTA) is a State Corporation under the Ministry of Information Communication and Technology.
The Corporation was established in August 2013. The Authority is tasked with rationalizing and streamlining the management of all Government of Kenya ICT functions.
Its broad mandate entails enforcing ICT standards in Government and enhancing the supervision of its electronic communication.
The Authority also promotes ICT literacy, capacity, innovation and enterprise in line with the Kenya National ICT Masterplan 2017.
The Board of ICT Authority now invites applications from suitably qualified and experienced persons with excellent academic credentials to fill the above position to be based at ICTA headquarters.
Job Purpose: The Director, Capacity Development, Innovation and Partnerships reports directly to the Chief Executive Officer and is responsible for building partnerships towards the achievement of ICTA’s Mandate and Strategic Plan, promoting ICT innovations and enterprise in Kenya, and building National ICT capacity towards the achievement of Kenya’s digital economy.
The Directorate has three (3) Departments in the dockets with a total staff establishment of twenty three (23) members of staff.
- In conformance with clause 4(d)of Legal Notice No. 183 of 2013; Promote ICT literacy and capacity
- In conformance with clause 4(g) of Legal Notice no 183of 2013; Promote ICT innovations and enterprise;
- Build and maintain partnerships in harmony with the mandate and strategic plan of the ICT Authority;
Director, Capacity Development, Innovations and Partnerships will be answerable to CEO.
The Specific duties and responsibilities at this level will include:
- Developing and regularly reviewing an ICT innovation and Enterprise Master Plan;
- Designing and implementing effective ICT innovations frameworks and platforms that foster successful outcomes for Kenyan Innovators;
- Motivating ICT innovation to address local issues and challenges and to exploit emerging technology for local socioeconomic development;
- Collaboration with the local and international innovations hubs towards successful ICT innovation in Kenya;
- Identifying and facilitating effective funding mechanisms to support ICT innovation in Kenya;
- Developing and maintaining a complete and accurate database of Kenyan ICT innovators, innovations and facilities;
- Collect and disseminate relevant digital data and information to facilitate ICT Innovations;
- Facilitate access to local and international investors, networks , business ad markets
- Facilitate incubation of innovative ICT startups;
- Promoting Kenyan ICT Business in the Local public and private sector, in the region and across globe;
- Regularly monitor and evaluate the status of ICT innovation and enterprise in Kenya;
- Develop and regularly review a National ICT Capacity Building Masterplan and strategy;
- Managing and continuously improve an ICT specialized internship programme( The Presidential Digital Talent Programmes);
- Developing frameworks, platforms and tools to facilitate the achievement of an appropriate level of ICT competence by every Kenyan;
- Facilitate the development of a National ICT Professional certifications and accreditation scheme to enable achievement of trusted and quality ICT skills and competencies for all the capacity needs of Kenya’s digital economy;
- Work with partners to deliver cost–effective ICT learning to all Kenyans
- Ensuring that all Kenyans are equipped with sufficient cybersecurity knowledge to be protected while working with ICTs;
- Develop and maintain a knowledge base of Kenyan ICT capacity building needs, achievements, capacity(institutions and persons)and progress;
- Regularly monitor and evaluate the status of ICT Capacity in Kenya;
- Develop and regularly review an ICT Authority partnerships strategy;
- Identifying key stakeholder and engage them with a view to forming mutually beneficial and sustainable partnerships( These will include Government, public sector, private sector, civil society, prominent individuals, appropriate industry associations and global ICT brands);
- Developing and implementing appropriate instruments to guide individual partnerships;
- Maintaining successful partnerships towards the achievement of ICT Authority mandate and strategic plan;
- Regularly monitor and evaluate the status and achievements of partnerships in the ICT Authority
- Promote ICT Authority as a trusted, respected and successful public agency
- Successfully deliver functions, programmes and targets ;
- Motivate and develop a successful workforce;
- Lead and develop a vibrant and successful Directorate within ICTA;
For appointment to this grade, an officer must have:
- At least twelve(12) years relevant work experience either in public or private sector, five (5) of which should in senior management position;
- Bachelor’s degree in any of the following fields: – Computer Science, Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, Information Communication Technology, Electronics and Telecommunications, Information Science, Business Information Technology Management or any other equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;
- Master’s degree in any of the following fields: -Business Administration with Finance and Marketing specialization, Education, international relations, Innovations and Entrepreneurship Management or any other equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;
- Member to a relevant professional body in good standing;
- Senior Management Course lasting not less than four (4) weeks from a recognized institution
- Met the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution;
- Certificate in computer application skills from a recognized institution.
Competencies and Skills
- Strong interpersonal and advanced communications skills to successfully collaborate with potential clients;
- Project management skills and ability to prioritize;
- Outstanding managerial and administrative capability
- Ability to build personal relationships;
- Excellent organisational and analytical skills;
- Effective negotiation skills;
- Proven leadership skills;
- Effective communication, collaboration and negotiation skills and ability to display positive image when acting as spokesperson for the Authority in meetings, public addresses and media interviews;
How to Apply
Download and fill THE EMPLOYMENT APPLICATION FORM from AMSOL’s website and submit your application quoting the reference number of the Vacancy on the email subject together with detailed Curriculum Vitae and certificates stating their current remuneration, expected salary, email address and telephone contacts to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Only shortlisted and successful candidates will be contacted.
Canvassing in any form will lead to automatic disqualification.
Shortlisted candidates shall be required to produce originals of their National Identity Card, academic and professional certificates and transcripts during interviews.
All applicants shall be required to produce the original letter of appointment to their current substantive post or position during the interview.
Deadline for application is 16th November, 2020
ICT Authority is an equal opportunity employer. Persons with disability and women are highly encouraged to apply.