Christian Health Association of Kenya (CHAK)
Job Re-Advertisement: Regional Medical Officer
The Christian Health Association of Kenya (CHAK) is a local indigenous umbrella of Faith-Based organizations that is supporting HIV/TB, Prevention, Care and treatment interventions in 79 Faith-Based and Affiliated Health Facilities distributed across 19 counties in Kenya.
This is through the CDC funded CHAK-CHAP Uzima Program that is currently funded until 29th September 2022.
The Christian Health Association of Kenya is competitively looking for a highly qualified, experienced and self-driven candidate to fill the position of Regional Medical Officer to be based in our Embu program office.
Overall Job Function: The Regional Medical Officer will provide technical oversight for HIV/TB prevention as well as care and treatment interventions for 9 CHAK-CHAP Uzima supported Faith-based facilities in the Program Cluster 7 region i.e. Meru (4), Tharaka-Nithi (4) and Laikipia (1).
This will include provision of oversight for the CHAK-CHAP Uzima staff supporting the cluster 7 region, county engagement, mentorship and capacity building of facility staff and the regional team.
The Regional Medical Officer, working under the guidance of the Senior Clinical Technical Advisor will be responsible for implementing a range of strategies within the designated Faith based health facilities including and not limited to:
- Providing technical leadership and mentorship to the regional team and supported facilities
- Planning and implementation of HIV Prevention Care and Treatment and TB services at supported facilities
- Participating in quality assurance/quality improvement of TB and HIV services at the facility level including TB Infection Prevention and Control interventions
- Supporting Site Improvement and Monitoring Systems at facility level through onsite mentorship
- Providing onsite clinical systems mentorship to facility staff
- Preparation of work plans, technical reports and contribute to budget preparations
- Supporting review of regional program performance data and assist in the development of quarterly review slides and quarterly presentations.
- Assisting in monitoring and evaluation of activities relating to HIV care and participate in program performance review meetings. Utilize data to inform quality of care and performance in supported facilities and provide requisite mentorship on use of data to improve patient management.
- Participate in regional, county and sub-county level HIV and TB technical working groups and serve as the liaison between CHAK CHAP Uzima and the county health teams.
- Perform joint technical support supervision of HIV care and treatment TB and HIV services with the county and sub-county health management teams
- Actively participate in program operational Research
- Any other reasonable duties as may be assigned by the Senior Clinical Technical Advisor
Qualifications and Requirements
The successful candidate must meet the following:
- Be a Medical Doctor with a Bachelor’s Degree in Medicine from a reputable University
- Be duly registered with the Kenya Medical Practitioners and Dentists Council (KMPDC) for a minimum of 3 years.
- Have at least 3 years’ HIV-related clinical experience in a HIV PEPFAR funded program as a technical officer
- Have excellent writing, and communication skills
- Proficiency in the use Ms. Word, Ms. Excel and Ms. PowerPoint with excellent presentation skills
- Self-driven, innovative, a team player and have strong interpersonal skills
- Willingness to be fully based in Embu with lots of travel within the Upper Eastern Region i.e. Meru, Tharaka Nithi and Laikipia counties.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their detailed CV with 3 referees and an application letter via email to: email@example.com no later than 20th November 2020.
The position applied for should be indicated in the email subject.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.