Job Title: Cost Accountant
Department: Finance Department
Reporting to: Head of Finance
Location: Nairobi, Head Office
Our client is a leading outdoor advertising company in East and Central Africa Regions.
They seek to hire an efficient well experienced cost accountant who will be tasked in analyzing cost of production and ensuring accuracy on the final product costing on a monthly basis.
- Develop and maintain cost accounting system, documentation, and records
- New product costing from time to time as well as scenario based costing to assist decision making (price and volume scenarios, cost reduction scenarios)
- Monitor and verify raw material costing to ensure correct material prices and product costs are maintained and updated in the system for correct and timely management reports.
- Determine fixed costs (e.g. salaries, rent and insurance, etc)
- Preparation of timely and accurate profitability reports quarterly (Contribution Margin / GP Margin / EBITDA margin)
- Analyze and recommend costs and cost savings
- Benchmark and implement best practices in production costing & respective areas of work
- Perform monthly calculation of absorption on overheads per value stream
- Ensure accuracy of product costing.
- Monitor actual v/s budgeted consumption of materials and other variables for control purposes.
- Periodically, prepare and complete internal cost audits
- Comply with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) for financial statements
- Prepare documents and interpret financial information regarding cost improvements
- Prepare (monthly, quarterly and annual) cost forecasts.
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting / finance, or its equivalent
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a similar role, in production or related experience
- Proven work experience as a Cost Accountant, Cost Analyst, Accountant or similar role
- Thorough knowledge of accounting procedures
- In-depth understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Excellent computer skills; experience in accounting software, e.g. SAGE, Microsoft Office Suite etc
- Relevant professional qualification; CPA or ACCA
- Member of a relevant professional body
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Accurate and precise attention to detail;
- Integrity, with an ability to handle confidential information
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently
NB: Please quote your current and expected salary on your cv
How to Apply
If you are up to the challenge, possess the necessary qualification and experience; please send your CV only quoting the job title on the email subject (Cost Accountant) to firstname.lastname@example.org before 30th November 2020.
N.B: We do not charge any fee for receiving your CV or for interviewing.
Only candidates short-listed for an interview will be contacted.