Kenya Industrial Estates is a Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises support institution established in 1967 with the mandate of promoting industrialization through indigenous enterprise development in the country.
The company plans to fill the following position with a view to effectively discharge on its mandate: –
Job Title: Manager, Credit
Direct Reports to:- Managing Director
a) This is a position responsible for the overall leadership of the generation of loan portfolio function and successful attainment of a healthy loan portfolio.
b) To promote and sustain a sound Credit Management discipline within the institution;
c) To represent the Credit function to the Board and ensure that there are effective standards and internal controls, policies and procedures, systems and a credit management framework that supports business sustainability and continuity as well as ensuring compliance with various regulatory standards;
d) To anticipate and proactively ensure management of credit, operations, information security and regulatory compliance.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Spearhead and direct the credit department team into research and evaluate clients’ creditworthiness in order to achieve strategic goals of the company;
- Administer appraise all new projects investment and ensure that all projects for approval are technically feasible and economically viable;
- Ensure that Credit Management Framework is adopted and effectively applied across all the Branches within the institution;
- Implement the Credit Management Policy and ensure that the credit management governance structures are fully functional;
- Ensure issuance of monthly,quarterly reports on credit. This shall automatically trigger status of the company portfolio;
- Embed operational Credit practices into business activities and support it with appropriate training and awareness for quality company business;
- Manage the daily administration for loan documentation in full compliance with the internal standards and external regulatory requirements;
- Conduct periodical review on loan administration procedures to streamline workflow
- Generate, review and maintain loan disbursement reports for presentation to approval committees, and provide monthly reports on the same, in accordance to the credit policy and guidelines;
- Ensure post disbursement compliance with approved terms and conditions, assignment of rights, review expiry of credits, progress on payment, insurance etc.
- Review daily credit monitoring and management reports and identify gaps and proactively follow-up to ensure corrective action taken in line with credit policy;
- Monitor all irregularities, past dues, documentation deficiencies and report to senior management;
- Advise on credit issues and prepare reports for the Board to assist in decision making.
Requirements for Appointment
- Degree in any Business related fields e.g. (Business, Finance, Banking & Accounting or any other relevant field);
- Master’s Degree in the relevant fields will be an added advantage;
- A certified Member of a professional body;
- A minimum of Seven (7) years of experience in relevant function with three (3) years in a responsible / management role in a credit environment and shown merit and ability as reflected in his/her work performance and results;
- Experience and a good understanding of Business lending products from the financial services Industry;
- Experience and a good understanding of Credit Management Framework;
- Exposure to demanding operational environments, ability to gain insight into the most effective credit management applications and key points for
- Monitoring the Business environment with a view to advise the management on the best investment strategy
- Gathering data for use in review of credit Policies by monitoring reports
- Performance of administrative duties
- Monitoring of Branch performance in generation of loans.
- Fulfilled the provision of chapter six of the constitution;
How to Apply:-
Those employees who meet the job requirements as detailed in the advert are encouraged to apply.
Applications must be accompanied by current curriculum vitae, giving details of educational and professional qualifications and indicate their current and expected salaries to the undersigned.
In addition, all applicants Must download and fill Form 1A HERE and forward them to email@example.com email.
The applications should be received not later than 24th November, 2020.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
NB: KIE is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and committed to diversity and Gender Equity.
Kenya Industrial Estates Ltd,
P.O. Box 78029-00507,