Vacant Position: Cyber Security Trainee Graduates
Duration: 3 months with a further extension of 3 months where necessary
Job Summary: Our client is seeking to hire technical trainee graduates who are expected to learn the company’s functions and operations and implement the company growth strategies.
They are expected to understand technology infrastructures using Firewalls, VPN, Data Loss Prevention, IDS/IPS, Web-Proxy, and Security Audits.
They will maintain open and efficient communication channels between themselves and their supervisor for the smooth operation of business activities.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Participate in planning, implementing, managing, monitoring, and upgrading security measures for data protection, securing systems, and networks.
- Help managers complete technical daily tasks
- Troubleshooting security and network problems.
- Responding to all system and/or network security breaches.
- Ensuring that data and infrastructure are protected by enabling the appropriate security controls.
- Participating in the company’s strategic planning and change management process.
- Testing and identifying network and system vulnerabilities.
- Supporting the sales team in presentation and demonstration of value to prospective and existing clients
- Maintain and develop knowledge of the Company’s services portfolio through vendor and third-party partners have taken to market via the reseller channel
- Maintain appropriate vendor certifications and accreditation in line with vendor programs
- Maintain knowledge of vendors pricing and channel support tools
- Daily administrative tasks, reporting, and communication with the relevant departments in the organization.
- Adhere to company policies and procedures
- Any other duties assigned
Experience, qualifications, skills required:
- A degree in BBIT, Computer Science, IT, Systems Engineering, or a related qualification.
- KCSE minimum entry requirements B- and above
- Must have had hands-on training on incident detection, incident response, and forensics.
- Knowledge in Firewalls (functionality and maintenance), Servers, virtual networks, and Endpoint Security.
- Knowledge in Python, C++, Java, Ruby, Node, Go, and/or Powershell will be an added advantage
- Ability to multitask and work under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong attention to detail with an analytical mind and outstanding problem-solving skills.
- Great awareness of cybersecurity trends and hacking techniques.
- Certification, Knowledge, and Professional Training
- CompTIA’s Security+ (required)
- Cisco Certified Network Associate CCNA – (required)
- Windows & Linux Operating Systems – (required)
To apply, send your CV to email@example.com by 5th December 2020.
NB: Flexi Personnel does not charge candidates for jobs placement