Our client is seeking to recruit a Digital Officer.
Reference: DO 2020
Recruiter: Stratostaff East Africa
Role Summary: To Implement the organizations digital strategy and set goals to increase brand awareness and engagement; support achievement of the company’s communications, marketing objectives and plans and also oversee all the company’s social media accounts.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Build the company’s social media presence and online interaction by developing, planning and effectively posting impactful social media content (original text, images, videos or HTML).
- Manage and facilitate social media communities by responding to social media comments and messages, in a timely manner (working closely with approved company representatives) and taking note of developing discussions that provide an opportunity for the company.
- Effectively taking note and raising a flag on any online discussions likely to escalate and injure the company’s image.
- Maintain the company and two of its subsidiaries’ websites, including regularly updating well written content and maintaining an engaging look and feel.
- Write engaging blog posts and articles.
- Develop and manage campaigns that promote the organization and its commercial brands.
- Identify relevant influencers and manage them to drive positive online engagements through supporting key company messages and events.
- Suggest good quality ideas on utilizing digital advertising across different social media channels.
- Keep abreast with new global digital developments, industry trends, and best practice, and provide suggestions for improving the quality of the organization’s online engagements.
- Keep abreast with relevant trending discussions and leverage the company’s expert voice through news jerking around real-time conversations on pertinent issues.
- Work with the creative design agency to design concepts, graphics and layouts using graphic design software to grow social media presence. Also create engaging multimedia content such as videos, and/or outsource this effectively.
- Track and measure Online Reputation Management (ORM), Social Media engagement, Search Engine Optimization (SEO) and Google Analytics metrics. Provide regular reports using Facebook Insights, Twitter Analytics, Google Analytics and similar tools.
- Use social media management tools like Hootsuite, where necessary, to manage multiple social media channels.
- Ensure strict adherence to the company’s brand guidelines and approvals of social media content as required.
- Benchmark and work with the company’s Group communication and social management team to implement Group campaigns and borrow best practice ideas.
- Work closely with the PR, Creatives and Media Monitoring agencies to deliver the overall PR and Marketing objectives.
- Level of engagement in the company social media platforms – including number of followers and level of interaction.
- Search engine ranking and visits to the company websites, as well as their general appeal.
- Creativity in social media content posted on the different channels – text, images, videos etc and blog articles, and their success in delivering intended results.
- Success level of digital campaigns executed – interactions generated.
- Efficiency in management of issues – timeliness in responding to comments and messages, and moderating conversations on the social media channels.
- Level of success in management of crises, deflation of issues that pose as potential crises, and general reputation management.
- Proactivity and effectiveness in identifying and utilizing intelligence (including insights and analytics reports), best practice, and new trends and developments, including news jerking, to amplify digital results.
- Level of efficiency in utilizing available resources including the agency teams and Group team, to achieve digital strategy objectives.
- Efficiency in delivering communication and marketing objectives through digital.
Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Communications, Digital technologies or similar relevant field.
- At least 5 years of experience in the Digital field.
- At least 5 years of experience in developing and implementing digital communication strategies.
- Good knowledge of different digital marketing channels and trends.
- At least 5 years of hands-on experience with Social Media Management, SEO, Google Analytics and CRM software.
- Proven graphic designing experience (Up to date with industry leading software and technologies (In Design, Illustrator, Dreamweaver, Photoshop etc).
- Possession of creative flair, versatility, conceptual/visual ability and originality.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
How to Apply
If you are qualified and up to the challenge send your Resume to email@example.com by 25th November 2020.
Please note that only qualified candidates will be contacted.
Stratostaff is an Equal Opportunity Employer