Equity Bank Limited
Job Vacancy: Digital Operations Manager
Equity Bank is one of the region’s leading banks whose purpose is to transform the lives and livelihoods of the people of Africa socially and economically by availing them modern and inclusive financial services that maximize their opportunities.
With a strong footprint in Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, Rwanda, South Sudan and DRC Congo, Equity Bank is now home to over 12 million customers – the largest customer base in Africa. Currently the Bank is seeking additional talent to serve in the role outlined below.
Reporting to the Business Growth and Development Manager, the ideal candidate’s key duties and responsibilities will include:
Purpose of the Role: The Operations Manager will assist to drive the digital agenda and ensure implementation of the digital operations projects order to enable the department meet its goals.
Reporting to the Group Head of Digital Operations, the role holder will be responsible for the following:
- Drive and champion the digital agenda
- Harmonize the Group operations by ensuring that all the Subsidiaries are deploying digitization within the program plan
- Track the digitization calendar and coordinate the automations
- Follow up on the issues log arising from the affiliates
- Track the delivery of the CSFs in operations for the affiliates through the weekly update
- Own, provide oversight and leadership in driving the Operations role and performance the Department
- Drive and deliver targeted business efficiency, Turnaround time, Operational risk excellence,
- Drive adoption and utilisation of business tools and technology to delivery desired business objectives and customer service excellence
- Deliver excellent compliance and operational standards by meeting performance benchmarks set.
- The ideal candidate should have a passion for technology use and its adoption in growing business, innovative and adaptive.
Additional Responsibilities: On request, participate in Group wide business initiatives and provide expert advice on operations & business matters including any other matter that may be assigned from time to time.
- A good understanding of the bank’s policies and procedures
- Good awareness of the banking and risk environment
- General awareness of economic, social and cultural factors.
- Ability to take an enterprise and thought leadership approach
- Business acumen, marketing & business development
- Be a proven team player with ability to own and drive change management.
- Excellent relationship building and networking skills (both internal & external)
- Conflict resolution, strong negotiation and persuasion
- Communication for effective presentations, facilitation and report writing purposes
- Holder of a degree from a recognized University
- 5 years banking working experience with at least 2 years at management level in Retail operations and business
- Knowledge of current trends & practices in business and management
- Proficiency in MS Office tools
CLICK HERE to apply online
Closing Date: Dec 4, 2020