Job Title: Finance Manager
Gross Salary: 370K – 450K
Our client is a leading global provider of security and authentication solutions.
They seek to hire a well-experienced Finance Manager who will be responsible for all financial, reporting and accounting aspects of the organization.
The ideal candidate will have a hands-on approach and have prior experience managing financial controls.
- Ensure “order to cash” and “procure to pay” processes are properly implemented and are in compliance with local regulations.
- Guarantee and ensure implementation and follow-up of internal and external accounting standards, group policies and tax rules. Establish financial statements in line with standards (both statutory and management financial statements).
- In charge of all internal controlling aspects and financial processes to ensure business integrity
- Monitor, review and assess financial performance.
- Explore and evaluate options and implement initiatives to continually improve finance performance
- Establish accurate budget, forecast, financial simulations and specific analyses and reports in consultation with the relevant executive team members and the General Manager.
- Coordinate locally with functional and cost centre heads to establish a realistic budget and liaise with the Head Office.
- Analyse and explain monthly results and variance with budget. Propose and implement corrective actions aiming to achieve and exceed approved targets.
- Interact with customers, suppliers, external auditors, banks, tax authorities and various entities (chamber of commerce, associations)
- Operational contact and responsible for liaising with auditors, external financial bodies such as court auditors, regulatory bodies, and any other relevant partners and authorities.
- In charge of implementing, running and supervising customer invoicing as per customer contractual requirements, cash monitoring, cash collection and cash optimisation. Plan financing needs and liaise with the Head Office.
- Ensure compliance with fiscal requirements. Propose relevant processes/actions for tax optimisation.
- Responsible for timely collection of receivables and for payables
- Ensure timely and accurate, weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual reporting to the General Manager and to Head Office.
- Participate in negotiation with local equipment suppliers.
- Ensure information dissemination by providing the General Manager, and if needed other departments, with high quality returns and reports in a timely manner.
- Maintain and oversee the implementation of a Score Card outlining the financial performance of the company
Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance/Accounting or a related field of study. Master’s Degree will be an added advantage
- Professional Certifications such as ACCA and CPA-K
- 7 – 10 years of experience as a Finance Manager within an international service / project-based organisation
- Experience in the manufacturing industry will be an added advantage
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles
- Registered member of ICPAK
- Knowledge of an ERP (SAP) is a plus.
- Knowledge of Labour laws
- Good knowledge of the country’s tax system.
- Knowledge of IFRS principles
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- High level of integrity and discretion.
- Performance oriented.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Hands on, business awareness and customer oriented.
- Talent for problem solving.
- Good managerial skills.
- Big picture thinking capacity.
How to Apply
If you are up to the challenge, possess the necessary qualification and experience; please send your CV only quoting the job title on the email subject (Finance Manager – Nairobi) to email@example.com before Tuesday 24th November 2020
N.B: We do not charge any fee for receiving your CV or for interviewing.
Only candidates short-listed for an interview will be contacted.