Our client, an international company with offices in United Arabs Emirates, South Africa, Somalia and Kenya, Aviation industry – Aircraft rescue and firefighting- seeks to recruit a Fire Fighting Instructor who will undertake coaching of courses through both lecture and practical based sessions, continually assess the standard attained during courses and lead and assist in the conduct of any exercise and scenarios in the aviation fire safety.
Job Title: Fire Fighting Instructor
Career Level: Senior level
Qualification: Degree/National Diploma
Location: Nairobi, Johannesburg and Mogadishu
Experience: 12 years
Number of Positions: Three (3)
Firefighting Instructor will:
- Develop and conduct the below listed courses:
- ARFF Basic Course that shall also be combined with but not be limited to ARFF Helicopter Course;
- Self-Contained Breathing Apparatus (SCBA) and live fire Firefighting are mandatory parts of the ARFF Basic training.
- Driver Pump Operator Course.
- Coordinate On-the-Job Training in the deployed Locations
- A degree in Fire Science or a National Diploma or equivalent technical or vocational certificate;
- Provide certification to the level of Fire and Emergency Services Instructor II, or equivalent.
- Provide certification to the level of Fire and Emergency Services Instructor III within one year of employment or equivalent.
- Provide proof of Advanced Life Support (ALS) or equivalent within one year of employment.
- Provide evidence of certification as a Self-contained breathing apparatus instructor
- Provide valid certification as aviation fire officer.
- Instructors must have a minimum of 15 years of experience in a public or airport fire service is required; of which, a minimum of 5 years of progressively responsible experience in a position of a Fire Safety Inspector, Fire Chief or Incident Commander is required.
- An experience and exposure at the international level in a fire safety position is required. Certification on the training of fire officers in self-contained breathing apparatus aviation firefighting techniques and specialist rescue is required.
- For the position advertised, fluency in oral and written English required.
Our client is an Equal opportunity employer and qualified applicants to send their applications, CV, certificates and cover letter to the email address: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com to reach us by 1700hrs 22nd November, 2020.
- The Job title should be the subject of the email
- Include daytime telephone number