GA Insurance Limited
Job Title: Motor Claims Senior Officer
Overall Job Summary: Reporting to the Motor Claims Manager, the incumbent will be responsible for Claims Registration and acknowledgement, claims negotiation, Claims Processing and final settlement.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Timely registration of motor claims and acknowledgement
- Make appropriate reserve amount in the system for each claim
- Follow up on the claim documentations from insured / intermediaries.
- Appoint external assessors and follow up on the report
- Scrutinize all the assessment reports submitted by the external assessors and recommend the next cause of action.
- Frequently update clients on the status of their claims
- Communicating with garages on repair / release of vehicles
- Appointing investigators in cases of third-party injuries / property damage where necessary.
- Issue preliminary demand letters to negligent third parties
- Raise payment vouchers.
- Reviewing of claim files at given intervals
- Ensure that all assessors conduct themselves professionally and ethically and make recommendation where action is warranted.
- Recommend for a second assessment on accident vehicles whenever necessary.
- Ensure that garages adhere to the repair timelines at all times.
- Preparation of requisite claim reports
- Negotiate with repairers for extra discounts in view of lowering repair cost.
- Exercise exemplary customer service
- Any other duty as may be allocated by the management from time to time.
Job Holders Specifications:
- Bachelors’ Degree in Insurance / Business Administration.
- Diploma in Insurance.
- Diploma in automobile / mechanical engineering
- 5 years’ experience in motor claims management
- Analytical and organizational skills
- Negotiation skills
- Good Interpersonal skills
- Customer Service Skills
How to Apply
If you meet the above minimum requirements, send your c.v to email@example.com indicate the position applied for on the email subject line so as to be received on or before 10th December, 2020.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.